Rotorua to Auckland via Hobbiton Movie Set and Waitomo Caves OneWay Private Tour
Experience two iconic NZ visitor attractions in one amazing day starting in Rotorua and ending in Auckland. See the iconic Hobbiton Movie Set, the world-famous Waitomo Glowworms Caves and travel through the beautiful Waikato region.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided Private Tour in Mercedes luxury vehicle.
- Pick-up Rotorua and drop-off Auckland.
- Tour times: Rotorua 8am to Auckland 6pm (flexible).
- Complimentary snacks & water.
- All tours support local eco-cultural initiatives.
What's excluded :
- Entry fees to attractions: Waitomo Glowworm Caves NZ$53 p.p.
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour NZ$84 p.p. Private Hobbiton Tours NZ$750 first 4 guests, then NZ$84 p.p.
- Entry/Admission - Matamata i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Matamata i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 45 Broadway, Matamata 3400 New Zealand
Combine a luxury transfer from Rotorua to Auckland with a visit to 2 world-famous attractions in New Zealand: Hobbiton Movie Set and Waitomo Glowworm Caves.
After pick-up in Rotorua, we drive across the Mamaku Plateau to the Hobbiton Movie Set near the rural town of Matamata, made world-famous as the original setting of Sir Peter Jackson’s “The Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit” trilogies. On the 2-hour tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set, get astonishing insights into how these movies were made and which parts of the movies were filmed here. Not only movie fans will enjoy this unique experience with inside views of the Hobbit village including Hobbit Holes, Bag End, The Green Dragon Inn and astonishing facts about the filmmaking and spectacular landscape all around.
We then continue on to Waitomo Caves, located in the King Country in the Waikato region. On this tour we travel via the Thermal Explorer Highway touring route, taking in the special region as we drive through the beautiful countryside of New Zealand’s North Island. At Waitomo, experience the underground wonderland that is Waitomo Glowworm Caves with thousands of Glowworms as the major attraction.
As we drive northward on the journey from Waitomo to Auckland, we show you sacred Taupiri Mountain as well as Ngaruawahia, the site of Turangawaewae Marae (Maori meeting place) and seat of New Zealand’s Maori King. Be dropped off in Auckland after combining a transfer from Rotorua to Auckland with exploring some of the most beautiful parts of Aotearoa / New Zealand. This Private One-Way Tour from Rotorua via Waitomo Glowworm Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set to Auckland allows you to see 2 of New Zealand’s most famous attractions in one amazing day.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Rotorua, Bay of Plenty 3010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up Rotorua and drop-off Auckland.Airports
- Rotorua Airport, Rotorua New Zealand
- Rotorua i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 1167 Fenton Street, Rotorua 3007, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Auckland, New Zealand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We meet and exceed all safety measures to keep both our guests and our wonderful team of guides safe. Our safety measures adapt based on requirements to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.