Round-Trip Private Transfer from Auckland to Hobbiton
A day trip from Auckland to Hobbiton is a must see popular activity for anyone visiting New Zealand. This round-trip transfer will get you down there in our sedan or minivan vehicles complete with Wi-Fi and refreshments on board. The price shown is a group price and we can pre-book your tickets in advance if you have not done so already. Price varies depending on ticket options and age of traveler. Pick-up times and locations are flexible and is subject to vehicle and Hobbiton ticket availability.
For a more action packed full day see our Hobbiton & Waitomo glow worm caves combo option.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round-trip private transfer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Hobbiton is one of New Zealand's most popular must see attractions suitable for all ages and especially important for any Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit fans.
A typical day in Hobbiton:
The trip takes on average 2.5 hours each direction from Auckland through the rolling hills of the Waikato region and beautiful farming towns along the way.
Located 10 minutes away from the bustling Matamata township the Shires Rest sits amongst the fills on a private working farm awaiting our arrival.
While you explore the Shires Rest your driver & guide will collect the tickets & info pack which is available in many different languages.
Explore the on-site gift shop and café for breakfast or lunch before the movie set tour commences.
When your booking time arrives, you will board a bus with many other Hobbit fans and head down into the valley where the Hobbiton movie set has been beautifully re-created in amazing detail.
The two hour guided tour with a local Hobbiton guide for will take you through the movie set exploring the many Hobbit holes, bridges and gardens before stopping off at the Green Dragon Inn for a local ale. I also highly recommended the pie! If your a fan a of the movie's, the detail and history behind the movie set is incredible and it's nice to see up close and personal the real thing normally only seen on the big screen.
Also look out for the famous Hobbiton cat who lives there. Usually in front of the fire place. A prize is in order for the group should you find him and show your driver / guide a photo.
Once the tour concludes, you will meet your Ezy Driver driver & guide back at The Shires rest.
I recommend trying out the NZ Natural ice cream or 3 scoop ice cream thick-shakes before heading back to Auckland.
Departure Point :
Anywhere in Auckland including multiple pick-up or drop-off locations.
PortsViaduct Harbour, 85 Customs Street West, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
AirportsAuckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
OtherAuckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.