Round-Trip Private Transfer from Auckland to Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves
A day trip from Auckland to Hobbiton and Waitomo is definitely recommended day trip for visitors to New Zealand. It is one of the most popular combinations for all the family. You could enjoy the guided glowworm caves tour or take a more exhilarating adventure black water rafting. This round-trip transfer will get you down there in our comfortable chauffeur vehicles with Wi-Fi and refreshments on board. The price shown is a group price and we can pre-book your desired activities in advance if you have not already done so. Tour is subject to vehicle and ticket availability.
The most popular combo, explore Hobbiton & Waitomo glowworm caves on the same day from Auckland.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round-trip private transfer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Hobbiton is one of New Zealand's most popular must see attractions suitable for all ages and especially important for any Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit fans. The Waitomo region is one of New Zealand's most popular destinations due it's diverse and unique activities on offer.
A typical day in Hobbiton & Waitomo:
The trip takes on average 2.5 hours each direction from Auckland past the rolling hills of the Waikato region through beautiful farming towns, mountains and forest. It is your choice whether to start at Hobbiton or Waitomo depending on the exact activities you wish to do and ticket availability.
After your first tour is complete there is a 90 minute drive to the next. Lunch breaks and other sight seeing along way is recommended.
Once your day of the most popular North Island activities is complete we can transport your group back to Auckland or another nearby city of your choice. The most popular option is Rotorua of which we can design an itinerary for you outlining that cities most popular attractions.
Ruakuri Cave guided tour (2 hours):
Ruakuri Cave offers a captivating blend of Waitomo's most compelling subterranean experiences. Ruakuri Cave is New Zealand's longest guided underground walking tour and an experience that must be seen to be believed. It will leave you open-mouthed, awe-struck and humbled by the sheer majesty of nature.
Aranui Cave guided tour (1 hour):
Aranui Cave has a natural cave entrance and is the smallest and most delicate of Waitomo's three main caves. As a dry cave without a river running through it, it houses very little life past its entrance. However, just inside the entrance is a colony of native New Zealand cave wetas and further into the cave is the most beautiful collection of stalactites, stalagmites, flowstones and decorative formations.
BLACK WATER RAFTING TOURS.
Black Abyss (5 hours):
The ultimate Waitomo adventure and is the caving tour of choice for natural born adrenaline junkies everywhere.
Black Odyssey adventure (5 hours):
Test yourself as you twist and turn through the Ruakuri Cave's main network and hidden passageways. Conquer thrilling rock traverses and mind-blowing heights.
Black Labyrinth (3 hours):
This is the original Waitomo subterranean adventure that will have you climbing, black water tubing, leaping, through Ruakuri Cave.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any Auckland address as required. Multiple pick-up locations and different drop off locations are acceptable.Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Viaduct Harbour, 85 Customs Street West, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.