Round-Trip Private Transfer from Auckland to Waitomo
A day trip from Auckland to Waitomo is definitely recommended. From the 45 minute Waitomo Glow-worm cave to the 2.5 hour Spellbound Caves or take a more exhilarating adventure black water rafting, the Waitomo region has a great range of activities to suit all the family.
This round-trip transfer will get you down there in our comfortable vehicles to suit your group size. Refreshments and Wi-Fi provided.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round-trip private transfer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Waitomo Caves Tickets
- The Waitomo region is one of New Zealand's most popular destinations due it's diverse and unique activities on offer. This tour provides your transport down to the region but any entrance fees are additional to the cost of the tour.
This give you maximum flexibility and allows you to do your own itinerary.
A typical day in Waitomo:
The trip takes on average 2.5 hours each direction from Auckland past the rolling hills of the Waikato region through beautiful farming towns, mountains and forest. We then head off deeper into the Waikato region through some of the most stunning landscapes that really shows off New Zealand's natural beauty before arriving in the Waitomo region for a great range of activities.
Glowworm caves including boat tour (45 minutes):
The 45 minute glowworm cave tour is a must see and is the most popular. The glow worm, Arachnocampa luminosa is unique to New Zealand. Thousands of these tiny creatures radiate their unmistakable luminescent light as expert guides provide informative commentary on the Caves' historical and geological significance.
Ruakuri Cave guided tour (2 hours):
Ruakuri Cave offers a captivating blend of Waitomo's most compelling subterranean experiences. Ruakuri Cave is New Zealand's longest guided underground walking tour and an experience that must be seen to be believed. It will leave you open-mouthed, awe-struck and humbled by the sheer majesty of nature.
Aranui Cave guided tour (1 hour):
Aranui Cave has a natural cave entrance and is the smallest and most delicate of Waitomo's three main caves. As a dry cave without a river running through it, it houses very little life past its entrance. However, just inside the entrance is a colony of native New Zealand cave wetas and further into the cave is the most beautiful collection of stalactites, stalagmites, flowstones and decorative formations.
BLACK WATER RAFTING TOURS.
Black Abyss (5 hours):
The ultimate Waitomo adventure and is the caving tour of choice for natural born adrenaline junkies everywhere.
Black Odyssey adventure (5 hours):
Test yourself as you twist and turn through the Ruakuri Cave's main network and hidden passageways. Conquer thrilling rock traverses and mind-blowing heights.
Black Labyrinth (3 hours):
This is the original Waitomo subterranean adventure that will have you climbing, black water tubing, leaping, through Ruakuri Cave.
Departure Point :
Any Auckland address as required. Multiple pick-up locations and different drop off locations are acceptable.
PortsViaduct Harbour, 85 Customs Street West, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
AirportsAuckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
OtherAuckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The price shown is a group price for the transfer. Pre-booking tickets for your chosen activities is recommended.
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.