Russell Small-Group Sightseeing Guided Tour
Romantic Russell – Steeped in history with a very chequered past. Spend a comfortable hour aboard our air conditioned Mini Coaches as we take you back in time telling you stories going back to the earliest settlers whilst visiting places of significant historical interest not easily covered on foot, and discover why Russell has played such an important role in the history of New Zealand
Take a guided tour of New Zealands most historic town on board one of our comfortable coaches. The informative tour takes you past Flagstaff Hill out to Tapeka Point and over to Long Beach to name a few magical places. The tour gives you a full run down of historical events by our charming guides and takes around an hour to complete. You will travel in comfort and learn all there is to know about our historic town with Russell Mini Tours.
per adult from
What's included :
- Commentary with your Driver / Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Russell, Russell, Bay of Islands, Northland Region, North Island
Christ’s Anglican Church, one of the few buildings left standing after the battle of Kororareka, although it didn’t escape unscathed; it still has the musket ball holes in the walls today.
Pass By: Tapeka Point Track, Du Fresne Place, Russell New Zealand
The gateway to the Bay of Islands, for a few minutes you will have the opportunity to see Frazer rocks, the home of a colony of Gannets and Marden Cove on the Kerikeri side of the Bay, where the first Christian Religious Service was carried out by Bishop Marsden (Also known as the ‘lashing or hanging Bishop’)
Stop At: Flagstaff Hill, Russell New Zealand
You will have the opportunity to stop and look at the amazing view of the Bay of Islands. Directly north of the small historical village of Russell, the flagstaff on the hill played a significant role in early relations between the local Māori of the Ngāpuhi iwi and early British colonials
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Long Beach, Northland 0202, New Zealand
Long Beach and Queens View giving the most unforgettable views of where Captain Cook first weighed anchor in 1769, looking out to Cape Brett, Roberton, and Urupukapuka Islands. This view was much admired by Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip in 1963.
Pass By: Matauwhi Bay, Te Tai-tokerau, New Zealand
Travel along the only road in and out of Russell and see where the first Christian wedding service was conducted which lasted all of 24 hours!!
Departure Point :Russell Wharf, Russell, Bay of Islands, 27 The Strand, Russell 0202, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Certain seats on the vehicles will be no sit zones for distancing, Increased contact tracing is in place so you are required to provide your details upon arrival. We are following the guidelines and precautions set by the New Zealand Government.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.