Sail, Seals and Walk
Start your day sailing from Kaiteriteri beach, soaking up the scenery along the stunning coastline, passing the iconic Split Apple Rock and the playful NZ Fur Seal colony. Take in the golden beaches, bays, islands and birdsong. Learn about the history, marine life flora and fauna from your knowledgeable skipper before arriving at Anchorage Bay around midday.
Enjoy your own packed lunch on the beach or take a swim before starting your self guided nature walk back to Marahau. Stroll along sandy beaches via picture-perfect lookouts and through native bush and the beautiful scenery the coastal track has to offer ( 3-4 hour self-guided walk).
Note: Free morning transfers from Marahau provided. This provides you with the freedom to walk the coastal track at your own pace. Free all day car parking is available at the track entrance in Marahau.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Landing and facility fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Abel Tasman Sailing Adventures
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abel Tasman Sailing Adventures, Kaiteriteri 7197 New Zealand
Meet your skipper who will help you on board your sailing catamaran, departing Kaiteriteri Beach for the Abel Tasman National Park. Along the way expect to see secluded coves, islands, golden sand beaches, Bush clad coastline, pristine clear waters and native wildlife. Cruise by Fisherman Island, and listen to the birdsong from Adele Island bird sanctuary. View the antics of NZ Fur Seals and see the iconic Split Apple Rock.
Arrive at Anchorage Bay where you have time to explore the area before starting your self-guided walk, following the clearly marked signs to Marahau, along the Abel Tasman Coastal track (walk time approximately 3.5-4 hours).
3 - 4 hours later: Arrive to the National Park Entrance. As you have parked your car at the National Park Entrance earlier that day, you are under no time constraints to complete your self-guided walk.
Complimentary tea/coffee and juice is provided on board.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Abel Tasman Coast track & Harvey Road, Abel Tasman Coast Track & Harvey Rd, Marahau 7197, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting Point: 8.30am. Morning transfer/pick up from the National Park track entrance, Marahau. Address: Abel Tasman National Park Carpark, Marahau - Abel Tasman Coast Track (corner Harvey Road), Marahau 7197Directions: Meet your clearly marked van transfer at the bus stop at the side of the car park. Free all day car parking is available at the National Park Entrance. Alternatively at time of booking request a pick up from your Marahau accommodation. Your transfer will then take you to Kaiteriteri Beach.Return point: Self-guided walk returns to the carpark at the National Park track entrance corner Harvey Road, Marahau, and this is where your vehicle will be waiting for you.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Operations will adhere to all New Zealand Government Covid-19 directives and regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.