Sandy Bay to Whananaki
An intrepid trek through cliff tops, private beaches, farmland, native bush, pine forest and estuary mudflats. This tour has it all!
per adult from
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
What's excluded :
- Our Sandy Bay to Whananaki tour takes us on a journey through the best the Tutukaka coast has to offer. After picking you up from one of the three pick up points in Whangarei we whisk you out to Sandy Bay to start our tour! Showcasing the best views of the Poor Knights islands and some gorgeous private beaches, you may want to stop on the walk for a swim. As our journey continues we make our way to the Capitaine Bougainville memorial, a monument commemorating the lives of the 16 people who lost their lives in 1975 when the cargo vessel sunk off the coast of Whananaki. After admiring the stunning 360' views at this beautiful setting we continue on to Whananaki to cross the longest footbridge in the Southern Hemisphere. Once arriving at Whananaki a hot lunch awaits us at the reserve, using only the freshest local produce and ingredients. You may want to grab a souvenir or an icecream at the local shop before we head home to Whangarei!
Please bring decent walking shoes, swim wear, a towel and sunblock. The walking component of this tour is not difficult, but we will be walking for up to 4 hours. The tour is 7-8 hours and runs on Sunday every week.
Please note that this tour is weather dependent, in the instance of adverse weather customers will have the option to reschedule or full refund.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
-The Hub at the Town Basin, 91 Dent St, Whangarei-Tarewa I-Site, 92 Otaika Road, Raumanga
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.