Sea Kayak Kapiti Island & Island combo
Sea kayaking close to Kapiti Island is a unique experience paddling through the Kapiti Marine Reserve viewing different eco systems, hearing the stunning chorus of native birds.
Listening to the history of the island, the story of Mana Whenua Ngati Toa and sub tribes.
Spot seals, stingray and other marine life.
Finish your day off with a walk in pristine native bush seeing protected birds in a predator free nature reserve. Birds you will not see on the mainland!!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- All your kayaking gear is supplied
What's excluded :
Meet at our purpose build jet boat for a ride over to Kapiti Island where you will meet your sea kayak guide.
After a short introduction to the islands natural history and conservation story we will get you set up to get in the water and paddle.
Either north to the seal colony and Cathedral Cove or south to the southern islands and Wharekohu Bay. Weather and tide will dictate what trip we do but both are stunning and fun
2 - 2.5 hrs sea kayaking around the Kapiti Marine Reserve and walk the stunning tracks in pristine native bush on Kapiti Island with rare native birds.
After your sea kayaking experience spend the rest of the day on the beach, swimming or enjoying the islands stunning tracks.
Departure Point :Kapiti Boating Club, Kapiti Road, Paraparaumu Beach, Paraparaumu 5032, New Zealand
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.