Sea Kayaking Christchurch, Lyttelton Harbour & Quail Island
Spend a day Sea Kayaking in Lyttleton Harbour. This tour includes transport from Christchurch, lunch, kayak hire and a local guide.
Explore Quail island's and Lyttleton Harbour's shipwrecks, secrete beaches and sea caves and history with a local guide.
What makes Lyttleton Harbour so interesting? Volcanic activity 45 million years ago formed Banks Peninsula and the two most significant eruptions formed Lyttelton and Akaroa Harbours. Now we have some of the most spectacular and dynamic harbours in New Zealand. Quail Island is the largest of three small islands in Lyttelton Harbour and rich in history. On this day trip, we explore Lyttelton Harbour and Quail Island.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
From Christchurch, it's a 30-45 minute drive over to Cass or Chartirus Bay where the sea kayak tour. On the way, we make a brief stop at the top of the Port Hills. It's an excellent place for a photo before continuing our journey to Lyttleton Harbour.
At the beach, your guide will kit you out with kayak gear and teach you some basic paddle strokes and emergency procedures. Your guide will explain how to steer your boat and paddle effectively on the way Quail Island.
Visit Quail Island and explore the Ship's Graveyard, Sea Caves and beaches for Lyttleton Harbour.
Picnic lunch at the beach.
After lunch, you will have the opportunity to explore the Island, relax by the beach or continuing exploring the harbour with your guide.
We aim to be back in Christchurch between 4:30-5 pm.
*Please note that this sea kayaking itinerary is weather dependent and your guide may alter the plan to match and abilities of the group and the local conditions on the day. In some situations, it may not be possible to visit Quail Island.
• Quail Island, Lyttelton Harbour, Christchurch 8012 New Zealand
Departure Point :Princess Margaret Hospital, Canterbury 8024, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We also have a pick-up point in Central Christchurch - opposite Christchurch museum on Rollistine Ave, Christchurch.Pick up times will be confirmed on booking.Ports
- The Lyttelton Harbour Information Centre, 20 Oxford Street, Lyttelton 8082, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.