Seal Coast Safari Tour by 4WD
Seal Coast Safari – Wellington Tours offers exclusive scenic tours to Wellington’s rugged coast line, offering sublime views, exclusive access to private farmland and the chance to encounter New Zealand fur seals up close and personal. Come and enjoy the best Wellington has to offer and have a cup of coffee and gourmet muffin with the seals, whilst taking in the true beauty of Wellington.
Please note: We cannot take private bookings from Cruise Ship passengers- you must book through your on board excursion agent.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Hotel Pick up and Drop off in the Wellington City Center
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Seal Coast Safari, 145 Wakefield Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Our tour begins with pick up in Wellington city. We then proceed up the Brooklyn Hill to a wind turbine, where guests can take in the great views of the city far below. From here, there is also stunning views across the Cook Strait and the South Island.
We then travel over the hills through private farmland towards Wellington’s rugged south coast. On this private farmland you can encounter various animals including goats, Red Deer and ostriches! They can be shy though, so no guarantees! Once on the coast, we drive along the beaches in our 4x4 Land Cruisers and stop at a colony of wild New Zealand Fur Seals. Enjoy either morning or afternoon tea whilst observing these cute and curious creatures in their natural habitat and learn of their history and behaviour from a safe distance. Finally, we make our way back to the city before dropping you safely back in town.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Seal Coast Safari, 145 Wakefield Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Our starting point is the Wellington i-SITE bus stop located at 145 Wakefield Street, opposite the old Amora Hotel. However, we can pick up from selected city centre hotels. We CAN NOT pick up from hotels outside the city centre or AirBNB's. Please advise of your accommodation while booking and we will contact you if it's not possible to pick up from there.We can collect directly from the cruise terminal. This option is FOR CRUISE PASSENGERS ONLY. Please advise which ship you are on.Ports
- Cruise Terminal - Centreport Wellington
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are adhering to all government recommended policies and are changing depending on New Zealand's Alert level.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.