Single Crater & Mt Herbert
Fly over the city and explore Christchurch from new heights. See the progress of the massive rebuild and the abandoned suburbs from the 2010/2011 earthquakes. Swoop over Godley Heads and then up to Port Levy, the biggest Maori settlement in the Canterbury region during the 19th century. Then touch down next to Mt Herbert and enjoy breathtaking views of Lyttelton Harbour, originally formed by volcanoes six million years ago.
Our pilots will personalise this experience for you by sharing their local knowledge and insights of our big backyard as you fly over remarkable sights and landmarks, including; Lancaster Park, Sumner Cliffs, Quail Island, Stone Well and more.
We have plenty to share with you and can't wait for you to experience it.
per adult from
What's included :
- Landing next to Mt Herbert
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Christchurch, Christchurch, Canterbury Region, South Island
Fly over Christchurch city and see the progress of the massive rebuild and the abandoned suburbs from the 2010/2011 earthquakes
Pass By: Godley Head, 575 Summit Road Banks Peninsula, Christchurch 8081 New Zealand
Swoop over Godley Heads
Stop At: Port Hills, 575 Summit Road, Christchurch 8081 New Zealand
Touch down next to Mt Herbert and enjoy breathtaking views of Lyttelton Harbour, originally formed by volcanoes six million years ago.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Christchurch Helicopters, 25 Aviation Drive Harewood Aviation Park, Christchurch International Airport, Christchurch 7676, New Zealand
Departure Time :4/30/2020 - 7/27/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.