Skip the Line:WWI & WWII Combo Exhibitions at the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre
The Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre presents two world-class exhibitions. The first is the original ‘Knights of the Sky’ exhibition, featuring Sir Peter Jackson's own collection of WWI aircraft and artifacts. The story of aviation in the Great War is brought to life in sensational sets created by the internationally acclaimed talent of WingNut Films and Weta Workshop.
The second is the new exhibition ‘Dangerous Skies’ features stories from World War II. These are tales of daring, valour and tragedy stretching from the British Isles to the forests of Germany, an embattled but courageous Russia and the steaming hot jungles of South East Asia. Two of the star attractions are a twin engine bomber, the world's only flyable Mk1 Avro Anson and a Griffon powered Mk.XIVe Spitfire. Women also feature more prominently in this exhibition and the Battle of Stalingrad is the stage for an immersive experience that is both entertaining and chillingly thought provoking.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guided tour if option selected
- Entry/Admission - Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Visit: Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre, 79 Aerodrome Road, Blenheim 7272 New Zealand
The museum is open 7 days throughout the year with the exception of Christmas Day. Currently we are open from 10am and closing at 4pm. We recommend that you allow a minimum of 90-minutes to visit both exhibitions.
In December 2006 the opening exhibition, Knights of the Sky was ground breaking, not just in terms of the historical importance, rarity and scale of the collection but in the innovative way it was presented. The generosity of film director Sir Peter Jackson, the owner of the collection, was integral in bringing the exhibition to life in a series of dioramas utilizing the formidable creative talents of WingNut Films and enhanced by mannequins by Weta Workshop.
In 2016, Dangerous Skies a second exhibition was opened. Utilizing the talents of both homegrown and internationally based experts the resulting displays have evolved yet again. Omaka, is a world-class destination for the appreciation of historic aircraft and the magnificent men and women who flew and created them.
Departure Point :Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre, 79 Aerodrome Road, Blenheim 7272 New Zealand
Departure Time :Self-Guided Combo Entry Only 4/1/2020 - 3/31/2021
1:30pm Guided Highlights Tour 4/1/2020 - 3/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
10am Guided Highlights Tour 4/1/2020 - 3/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Coffee, light refreshments and souvenirs available for purchase
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.