Skippers Canyon 4WD Tour (Half-Day)
Half-day heritage tour that follows the rugged and once treacherous Skippers Road. Travel the road that was hacked by hand into the sheer cliff sides of the Shotover River Valley. As your experienced guide navigates the awe-inspiring canyon, you can relax and enjoy numerous historic sites along the journey, including a century old suspension bridge and the township of Skippers. Gain an insight into the local heritage through photos and relics in the restored schoolhouse before trying your hand at gold panning.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by 4WD vehicle with your driver/guide
- Gold panning
- Light refreshments (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit cake and cookies)
- Selected Queenstown Hotel pickup and drop-off （Surrounding suburbs, Kelvin Heights, Frankton, Arthur's Point, Fernhill and others, by arrangement only
- Entry/Admission - Skippers Canyon
- Entry/Admission - Skippers Township Museum, Skippers Point
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skippers Canyon, Skippers Road, Queenstown 9371, New Zealand
Travel along the rugged and treacherous Skippers road. As your guide navigates along this awe-inspiring canyon you will visit many historic sites such as the historic Skippers suspension bridge and the historic township of Skippers.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Skippers Township Museum, Skippers Point, 1930 Skippers Road, Skippers 9371, New Zealand
Visit the restored school house where you will gain a real insight into the local heritage through photos and histories of life in this tough environment.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Queenstown, Queenstown, Otago Region, South Island
Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup from all Queenstown area accommodations. If you don't need pick up, meet at Info & Track/Snow at 37 Shotover St, Queenstown.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.