The Worlds longest Flying Fox - you trip starts with a mini-bus journey up through the park to the launch platform of the Skywire. Your guides will entertain you on the trip up with facts and stories of the park and surround areas. The ride takes up to 4 people at a time and can reach speeds of up to 100km/hr. The ride takes you both forward and backwards, with 800 metres of gravity assisted freewheeling in each direction - combined with 700 metres of scenic journey in each direction, finishing back at the start after nearly 10 minutes of thrilling adventure.
per adult from
What's included :
- PICK UPS AND DROP OFFS - IF REQUIRED
- The Cable Bay Adventure Park is located less than 15 minutes from Nelson's City centre giving you more time for Adventure and less time spent travelling. Our friendly staff can arrange for a free pick up and drop off from the Nelson i-site or other central Nelson points for groups of 2 or more.
- This MUST be booked at time of reservation as this service runs on demand and is not a scheduled service.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
Open daily from 9am - last trip departs the Cable Bay Adventure Park base at 4:00pm - Allow 1 hour round trip from the base cafe. Flyers must be at least 1.2 metres tall, child rates apply for children aged 15 and under.
The Skywire is set 300 metres above the base cafe and includes a 4km mini-bus journey up through the park to the launch platform of the Skywire. The ride takes up to 4 people at a time, seated side by side, strapped into individual racing car style seats with 5 point harnesses and takes approximately 10 minutes.
The Skywire is weather dependent - won't operate in heavy rain or high winds. Bookings not always essential but highly recommended in the busy summer season.
Departure Point :Cable Bay Adventure Park, 194 Cable Bay Road, Hira, Nelson 7071, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
ON DEMAND ONLY - PLEASE CALL THE TEAM TO ARRANGEPlease note that pick ups are only available from the Nelson i-site or accommodation sites close to the CBD. Nelson airport is the southern limit for pickup locations.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.