Small-Group Hobbiton and Waitomo Day Tour from Auckland
Experience two North Island icons on a day tour from Auckland.
Travel south from Auckland to Hobbiton. On arrival at Shire’s Rest you embark on your Hobbiton Movie Set tour. This location is the largest “green set” in the world. You see 44 hobbit holes, the Mill and double arch bridge and the Party Tree. At this stunning location you can take a photo at the gate to Bilbo’s house, “Bag End”. Finish with a visit to the Green Dragon Inn for a drink.
Following your drink, you will be treated to a sumptuous buffet lunch in the marquee & some time to shop before continuing on to Waitomo.
On arrival in Waitomo, join a 45 minute guided tour of the incredible Waitomo Glow Worm caves. Discover an ancient world 30 million years on the making. Enjoy the delicate cave formations and be wowed in the Cathedral, before taking the iconic boat rode through the glow worm grotto (subject to water levels). Marvel in silence at thousands of magical glow worms.
Return to Auckland in the early evening.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Delicious buffet lunch in the Hobbiton Movie Set Party Marquee
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Admission to Hobbiton Movie Set & tour
- Admission to Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Shopping voucher at Hobbiton Gift Shop
- Carbon-zero certified vehicle and tour company
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - The Green Dragon Inn
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: FirePot Cafe, 1063 Gordonton Road, Hamilton 3721, New Zealand
Enjoy a quick stop on your journey to Hobbiton to grab a coffee and use the toilets if needed
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
Enjoy a small group tour of Hobbiton Movie Set before a drink in the Green Dragon. You will then enjoy a delicious buffet lunch in the Green Dragon Marquee and time for shopping
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Green Dragon Inn, Hobbiton Movie Set, Matamata 3472, New Zealand
Enjoy a complementary cider, ale or ginger beer in the Green Dragon Inn, an iconic location on the Hobbiton Movie set!
Be sure to check out the guest book for some familiar names
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Discover the Waitomo Glowworm Caves tour. Take the world-renowned boat ride through the glow worm grotto, marvel at thousands of magical glowworms and become part of over 130 years of cultural and natural history.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :SkyCity Auckland, Victoria Street &, Federal Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from inner city Auckland accommodation included
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- This tour requires a minimum of TWO adults to run.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and suitable outdoor clothing
- Pick up and drop off from inner city Auckland accommodation included
- Please reconfirm your pick up time 24 hours before the tours departure
- Please note the tours at Hobbiton and Waitomo are walks - including stairs
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travellers with walking difficulties
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.