Small group tour to Hobbiton Movie Set & Waitomo Glow Worm caves in a luxury Van
With this tour you will visit New Zealand’s two of the most sought after, iconic and famous attractions, the Hobbiton Movie set and Waitomo Glowworm Caves. Our tours are designed for your comfort and experience and we are flexible with time, so more stops for pictures or coffee break along the way.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Return transfers to all CBD hotels & Ports of Auckland
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hobbiton Movie Set, 501 Buckland Road Matamata, Hinuera 3472 New Zealand
With this tour you will visit New Zealand’s two of the most sought after, iconic and famous attractions, the Hobbiton Movie set and Waitomo Glowworm Caves.
Pick up: From 6:00am for a 6:30am departure
Your comfortable journey will begin through the Southern corridor of Auckland over the Bombay Hills and through the scenic landscape of the Hauraki Plains towards Matamata, the home of The Shires Rest.
Your 2 hour tour will begin at the Shire’s Rest in Matamata with an experienced guide giving you behind the scenes information of how part of the movie Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings and Hobbiton was made there. In the 10 acre site you will see Hobbiton Holes, the Green Dragon Inn, the Mill and the kitchen. A complimentary specially brewed beverage is available for all guests at The Green Dragon Inn.
Your journey will continue to the mesmerising Waitomo Glowworm Caves, and lunch break with a Classic BBQ Lunch, vegetarian option is available. (Costs extra)
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
The Glow worm known as Arachnocampa Luminosa, is unique to New Zealand. Thousands of these tiny creatures radiate their unmistakable luminescent light as your expert guide will provide information on the Cave’s historical and geological significance.
The caves were formed over 30 million years ago and comprises 2 levels. The upper level is dry and includes the entrance to the caves and formations known as the Catacombs. On the lower level are stream passages and the Cathedral, walk from the upper level to a 45 minutes boat journey through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto. Walk through the majestic Cathedral Cove famous for its acoustics.
Your return journey would be through The Waikato farming region with the different animals that you would see along the way, partly following New Zealand’s longest river.
Drop off: Your trip will conclude at your hotel or cruise ship between 6:00pm to 6:30pm depending on weather and traffic conditions.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all Auckland CBD Hotels.Airport pick ups available on private and group bookings only, please contact us for further information.Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Queens wharf
- Princess wharf
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum numbers apply
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.