Southern Alps Taster
Discover the picturesque Southern Alps, one of New Zealand's most iconic land features. Fly over the immense checkerboard of the Canterbury Plains, across the tresses of the braided Waimakiriri River and to the sheer sides of a steep gorge to touch down at Chest Peak. Sitting at just under 6,500ft, the peak dwarfs most other mountains in the region.
Take in breathtaking, 360 degree vistas stretching from as far as the eye can see, including the Blockbuster backdrops of Castle Hill, the Lees Valley, Flock Hill Station and beyond. All our pilots proudly call Canterbury home and will share their wealth of knowledge and personal anecdotes as you fly near their much-loved and noteworthy spots.
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- A landing on Chest Peak - one of the highest mountains in the Canterbury Region
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Waimakariri River, Main North Road Canterbury Region New Zealand
Fly across the tresses of the braided Waimakariri River
Pass By: Castle Hill, Castle Hill, Canterbury Region, South Island
See the incredible rock scape of Castle Hill
Stop At: Canterbury Region, Canterbury Region, South Island
Fly over the vast Canterbury Plains inbound for Chest Peak - one of the highest mountains in the region at just under 6,500 ft, where you will land at the top to witness the truly breathtaking beauty this magnificent mountain range has to offer
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Christchurch Helicopters, 25 Aviation Drive Harewood Aviation Park, Christchurch International Airport, Christchurch 7676, New Zealand
Departure Time :4/30/2020 - 7/26/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.