Southern Skies Stargazing Tour in Dunedin
The Southern Skies Star Gazing tour takes you out to the Otago Peninsula on a journey of discovery to learn about the unique celestial features of the Southern sky, while also sharing stories and waiata (songs) about how Māori viewed the night sky.
The Otago peninsula coastline provides a clear and breath-taking view of the night sky, along with a magical backdrop of coastal bird calls echoing across Hoopers inlet. In the right conditions, this rural coastal area is a prime viewing location for the Southern Lights, Aurora Australis
Enjoy Māori manaakitanga (hospitality) with a light supper and hot beverage. Sit back, relax and be enchanted.
Departs Dunedin 8PM (October to March) and 6PM (April to September)
per adult from
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Allans Beach
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
A farm where we will view stars, listen to some Maori cultural stories, and enjoy a light supper and hot drink
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Allans Beach Road, Portobello, Dunedin 9077, New Zealand
Settle in for an evening of stargazing and stories
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Dunedin i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 50 The Octagon, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
2: Dunedin i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 50 The Octagon, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We collect from some centrally located accommodations.
Departure Time :8:00 PM
Return Detail :Dunedin i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 50 The Octagon, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.