Starry Nights Tour - Professional Nightscape Portrait Photography & Guided Tour
Whether you live here or are visiting we have found the best places to photograph our dark skies. We also know how to plan positioning with the moon and weather. The darkest skies are around the new moon. But also we think we take some stunning images when the moon is full as a lunar portrait. Moonlight rocks! These long winter nights in NZ Wintertime coincide with Matariki or the Maori New Year. Come along with us this Winter 2019 and find out more of navigation using the stars, constellations and how to find the Matariki stars. At the very least we can show you the galactic Kiwi! We shoot your portrait with the galactic core as a backdrop while explaining the southern skies.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Hot chocolate & brownie
- WiFi on board
- PhotographyProfessional photographs - supplied digitally, a small selection within 24...
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Coronet Peak, Queenstown New Zealand
Coronet Peak is one example of our locations fro the Starry Nights Tour, we travel into Skippers, the Nevis, Central Otago and up to Mount Cook. This starter package for Astrophotography transports you anywhere in the Wakatipu Basin to one location to spend one hour under the dark skies. We explain the galactic core and how Maori would use the stars to navigate. We also explain Matariki as Astrophotography within NZ coincides with Maori New Year. We then
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Bespoke planning enables pick up from anywhereAirports
- Frankton Airport, Queenstown New Zealand
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.