Steaming Kayak Tour
Explore the Geothermal wonders of the Waikato River on this unique kayaking adventure. Arrive at a steaming branch of the river and start your kayaking adventure in warm water. Weave your way through back country New Zealand farmland before paddling your way through a scenic and remote gorge. Once through the gorge you will leave the kayak behind and explore on foot through an incredible natural hot water stream on your way to a natural spa with hot water falling from the cliffs above. After exploring this unique natural wonder you will return to the mini-van by kayak and travel back to Rotorua. This tour is a non stop adventure from start to finish and will make you feel like a true explorer. It is a small group tour of a maximum of 6 persons and not a mass tourism operation.
per adult from
What's included :
- Light refreshments (drink and nibbles)
- All kayaking and safety equipment
- Natural Hot Stream bathing
What's excluded :
As you depart Rotorua a 30 minute informative drive begins during which time you will meet your small-group tour members and pass the iconic Waiotapu area before arriving at your kayaking destination in back-country Waikato farmland. Knowledgeable and expert kayak guides ensure you will master kayaking quickly enabling you to experience the incredibly scenic gorge on the Waikato river as you paddle your way to a hot water stream. Venture on foot and canyon your way through a unique rock formation before entering the natural spa formed by the bedrock with a hot waterfall streaming down. Relax to your hearts content before exiting back through the rocky crevice and paddling your way back to the vehicle. The return trip to Rotorua is a great time to cement the days activities into the memories and share pictures and tales with your new small group friends. All kayaking equipment is provided however you are required to bring your preferred swimwear.
Departure Point :1167 Fenton Street, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.