Taieri Gorge Railway and the Otago Peninsula Day Trip from Dunedin
Explore the South Island’s gorgeous scenery on a full-day excursion from Dunedin. In the morning, travel aboard the Taieri Gorge Railway through stunning mountain landscapes en route to Pukerangi. Then return to Dunedin for an afternoon tour of the Otago Peninsula by minivan. Get personalized attention from your knowledgeable guide on this small-group tour limited to 19 people.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel/Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Taieri Gorge Railway
- Entry/Admission - Back to Nature Tours
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dunedin Railway Station, Dunedin New Zealand
Enjoy Dunedin's iconic Railway Station before you board the train.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Taieri Gorge Railway, Anzac Square, Dunedin 9054 New Zealand
This 4.5 hour train trip takes you up the Taieri Gorge to Pukerangi station where you'll get the chance to stretch your legs before coming back to the Dunedin Railway Station.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Back to Nature Tours, 1 Great King Street, Dunedin 9016 New Zealand
Once you've finished you inland train excursion your Back to Nature Tours guide will take you on a journey out onto the majestic Otago Peninsula.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Dunedin hotels, iSite Vistor Centre or Port Chalmers Cruise PortAddress: Dunedin iSite Vistor Centre, 26 Princes St, DunedinDates: DailyReturn point: Returns to original departure point at approximately 4:45pmPorts
- Port Chalmers
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bring a waterproof jacket, sunglasses, hat and closed-toe shoes suitable for walking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 19 people per tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.