Tamaki Māori Village Evening Cultural Experience
The most award-winning cultural attraction in New Zealand. Voted “Top 10 best attraction in the World” - a cultural experience like no other. Delivered with genuine heart and soul, Tamaki Māori Village offers a window in to a truly riveting, spirited way of life. Experience an evening of ceremonial ritual, amazing re-enactment, powerful cultural performance, storytelling & hangi feasting as we relive significant events within our Pre-European history! Immerse yourself in the traditional Maori way of life during this interactive and entertaining evening experience with dinner.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to Tamaki Māori Village evening cultural experience
- Three-course authentic hangi dinner & cultural performance
- The most awarded cultural tourism attraction in NZ
- Traditional Māori welcome ceremony
- Interactive tour of pre-European village
- Participate in hands-on cultural activities – Flax Weaving, Māori tattooing
- Viewing of geothermal hangi meal prep
- Enter the ancestral meeting house
- Enjoy the traditional, powerful and entertaining cultural performance
- Feasting on a traditional hangi 3 course buffet dinner and NZ desserts
- Entry/Admission - Tamaki Maori Village
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tamaki Maori Village, 1220 Hinemaru St, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
The most award-winning Māori culture attraction in New Zealand... Journey with us to the outskirts of Rotorua, to a Māori village nestled in an ancient forest Voted Top 10 Experience in the World, this is a cultural experience like no other. Delivered with genuine heart and soul, Tamaki Māori Village offers a window in to a truly riveting, spirited way of life.
Experience an evening of ceremonial ritual, powerful cultural performance, storytelling & Hangi feasting. Warriors emerge from the forest by canoe to perform the powhiri, an ancient ceremony of welcome that allows visitors safe passage into the village nestled within a native Tawa Forest.
As you wander beneath the stunning forest canopy, the pre-European village the village comes alive with sights, sounds & activity of days gone by including haka, poi, tattooing, weaving, carving and arts of warrior training. You will have the opportunity to participate in these activities.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Common Pickup Location in Auckland City:Grand Mercure Hotel, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, walking shoes, sun protection, jacket/warm layer, & any essential personal items.
- Please also bring a jersey or coat if it is cold.
- Easy and good fitness level required.
- Bring a camera or a phone with camera capability as this is the perfect place to get some great experiences photos.
- Special dietary requirements catered for upon request, please advise at the time of booking. Preferences and requests cannot be guaranteed. Special requests are subject to availability.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.