Taste of Dunedin City Sights and Peninsula Sightseeing Tour
Iconic city sights, coastal inlets and stunning harbour views are the highlights of this 4-4.5 hour tour, and it starts when we collect you from your hotel, where you’ll meet your guide.
We start with a scenic drive that takes in the location of where Dunedin first began for both the early Māori and European settlers, and a look at some of the beautiful iconic sites our city has to offer. We then head out for the Otago Peninsula which delivers spectacular views above the Otago Harbour before winding back down to sea level to arrive at scenic inlets frequented by wading birds.
Hear commentary about the nature and the natural processes that shaped the land and learn about Māori, the first people to step ashore here. We’ll take a stroll along a stunning sandy beach where we are often lucky enough to glimpse New Zealand sea lions and fur seals. Then drive towards the end of the peninsula to see some highly significant sites for Maori.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Accommodation pick up/drop off is available
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Baldwin Street: The Steepest Street in the World, Baldwin Street, Dunedin 9010 New Zealand
See the world's steepest residential street.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Dunedin Railway Station, 3074332, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
No trip to Dunedin is complete without a look at this historical beauty
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
Drive out over the high road, where we will stop for expansive views over the stunning Otago harbour
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Allans Beach Road, Portobello, Dunedin 9077, New Zealand
Stroll along a sandy beach where you might see seals and sea lions resting
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Otakou 9077, New Zealand
From the car park we get an excellent view of the Otakou Marae (Maori meeting house). Understand the complexities of a working Marae and its significance to local Maori (We do not enter the grounds).
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will collect from outside the Dunedin i-SITE at 50 The Octagon, or from centrally located accommodation. Confirm directly with Horizon Tours.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For an increased opportunity to see other wildlife, see our two wildlife tour options
- For a tour focused more on the unique Maori Culture, see our 'Culture in Context' Tour
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Masks are available in our vans
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.