Tauranga Shore Excursion: Bay of Plenty Highlights with FREE lunch
Take the opportunity to explore the countryside of the Bay of Plenty region on this relaxed short tour. Escape the city and see local horticulture at work at one of the thousands of local kiwifruit orchards. Learn about the pre-European history of the area, and find out why James Cook named it the Bay of Plenty. A delicious fish and chip lunch at a seaside cafe is included. Tie this all in with other scenic stops on this popular value for money tour.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years - we have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands.
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is commentated from start to finish - we delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional and knowledgeable local driver/guide
- Port pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Kiwi Kart orchard tour at Kiwifruit Country
- Visit to Maketu
- Lunch - A delicious fish and chip lunch at a seaside cafe.
- Honey tasting
- Avocado orchard visit
- Entry/Admission - Kiwifruit Country
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kiwifruit Country, 316 State Highway 33, Paengaroa 3189 New Zealand
Enjoy a tour of a working kiwifruit orchard in the heart of New Zealand's kiwifruit industry. Travel on the unique 'Kiwi Karts' to learn about this amazing fruit and it's contribution to the Bay of Plenty economy. Plus, taste kiwifruit products at the small store on site.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Experience Comvita, 23 Wilson Road South, Paengaroa 3153 New Zealand
Continuing with the fresh local produce theme, our next stop is at Comvita. Here, you can sample local honey (including the famous Manuka honey), as well as shop for locally made health products.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Maketu, Maketu, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
Enjoy a fish and chip lunch at the historic seaside settlement of Maketu.
Here you will learn of the early settlement of the area - including pre-European Maori settlement of the Te Arawa tribe. Maketu was the landing site of one of the original waka (canoes) to venture from Polynesia.
Lunch is at a seaside cafe, where you will enjoy unspoilt views of the breathtaking Bay of Plenty coastline.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Papamoa Beach, Papamoa New Zealand
Leaving Maketu we first travel alongside the Maketu estuary - home to a wide variety of birdlife. We travel back through the town of Te Puke (the kiwifruit capital of the world) to Papamoa Beach.
We stop at a local avocado orchard, where you can see first hand how well this popular fruit grows in the Bay of Plenty. Then, we take the coast road home through the fast spreading beachside suburbs, before dropping you back at your ship.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Mt Maunganui Main Beach, Marine Parade, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga New Zealand
As we get closer to the ship we will discover the gold beach of Mount Maunganui - lined with million dollar homes. See why this is such a popular holiday destination.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please meet the Shore Trips and Tours representative at the Shore Trips and Tours sign board situated just outside the port gates. Walk through the information marquee and out through the gates - a short walk from your ship.Ports
- Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This tour requires some walking on paths, inclines and steps
- This tour is not suitable for user of mobility scooters or wheelchairs (unless very small collapsible ones) . Folding walkers/frames can usually be accommodated but passengers must be able to enter a minibus using the standard steps. You must advise us at the time of booking if you are bringing any mobility device - failure to do so may result in you not being able to take the tour.
- This tour runs with a minimum of 4 fare paying passengers. We will advise on the day if the minimum hasn't been met, and offer alternative options if necessary
- A free fish and chip lunch is included consisting of one portion of fish and chips per person. Unfortunately there are no alternatives included. The lunch is not vegetarian or gluten-free friendly.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please purchase a ticket for all travelers in your group - including 'purchasing' a ticket for all infants. NZ transport law requires us to count all heads on board. One child or infant max per adult ticket.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.