High Country Pub Trail Horse Trek 12:30pm (3.5hrs)
Mount up and begin the big hill climb which soon gives way to spectacular views of the surrounding mountains of the Crown and Pisa ranges. The working Merino sheep farm land turns to rugged rock and tussock country as you climb higher to get that even better photo opportunity. Really feels like you are on top of the world in the middle of nowhere! Descend to the Cardrona Hotel where you dismount & tie your horse to our hitching rail and enjoy a well earned beverage on us in the gorgeous garden bar. If you fancy a bit of a run heres your chance to cut loose! This ride offers many opportunities for a nice canter- the whole package!
- Visit working sheep farm
- Stopover at iconic Cardrona hotel
- Free drink
- #1 on TripAdvisor
- horse, guide, helmet, beverage at Cardrona Hotel
- Day 1 : High Country Pub Trail Horse TrekMeeting time is 12:30pm, helmet fitting & lesson, ride up the mountain then down to the pub, dismount and go inside for a drink, then ride back along the river back to base, feed your horse, finished by 4pmMeals :None
- Departure Days 7 days a week
- Meeting Time: 12:30pm
- Main Departure Address: 2125 Cardrona Valley Road, Wanaka, NZ
- Additional pick up locations and times: Self drive; 20 minutes from Wanaka, 50 minutes from Queenstown
- Tour returns at around 4pm
Free drink at Cardrona Hotel!
Photo packages available for purchase after ride.