The Cream Trip - Day in the Bay
Enjoy a Bay of Islands cruise on the region's only authentic Cream Trip; a 100-year-old tradition of delivering mail and supplies to island residents.
Climb aboard a multi-level catamaran and venture out to sea with a knowledgeable crew to inform you along the way. See idyllic bays, Marsden Cross, local homes and natural landmarks like the Hole in the Rock at Cape Brett. Cruising through some 144 islands, be sure to watch out for whales, seals and other marine wildlife. Experience a unique local island by taking a walk or relaxing on the beach and climb in the boom net if you're looking for a thrill. The Cream Trip is the perfect cruise for nature lovers, and the most extensive historical cruise in the Bay.
per adult from
What's included :
- Luxury air-conditioned catamaran
- Live commentary on board
- Island Stopover
- Boom Net
What's excluded :
- Lunch (lunch must be pre-ordered at least 24 hours prior to your departure)
- Food and drinks (drinks and limited snacks are available to purchase on board)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Fullers GreatSights Bay of Islands Day Tours, The Maritime Building 69 Marsden Road Paihia Waterfront, Paihia 1045 New Zealand
Main Departure Point and Office, In 1927, Albert Ernest Fuller acquired a delivery route around the Bay of Islands known as the Cream Trip. Locals and visitors began to come along for the ride, and tourism in the Bay of Islands was born.
Today we still follow the original Cream Trip route, delivering mail and supplies to island residents and showing you the best of the Bay on a relaxed day-long cruise. This is the perfect cruise for nature lovers, and the most extensive historical cruise offered in the Bay of Island
Stop At: Paihia Harbour, Paihia New Zealand
See the Paihia and Russell Harbours and Waterfront
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Cape Brett Lighthouse, Rawhiti 0184, New Zealand
Enjoy stunning views of the islands as we travel out through the islands on our new vessel Te Maki, making deliveries on our way. On arrival at Cape Brett Lighthouse, the farthest post of the original Cream Trip, we take you through the stunning Hole in the Rock at Motukokako Island. You’ll also see the impressive Black Rocks and Marsden Cross, where the first Christian sermon in New Zealand was held in 1814. See dolphins in their natural environment – it’s a life-changing experience! Alternatively try boom-netting, hanging on to the net as we glide through the water.
Stop At: Otehei Bay, Urupukapuka Island, Bay of Islands 0200, New Zealand
Spend some time at Otehei Bay on Urupukapuka island - relax on the beach, head up to the viewing point for a breathtaking outlook, and grab a snack at the island's cafe. Ninety years on, the Cream Trip cruise is still the best way to see the Bay.
Pass By: Bay of Islands, Bay of Islands, Northland Region, North Island
See many of the 144 Islands that make up the Bay of Islands
Departure Point :1: Fullers GreatSights, Maritime Building 69 Marsden Road, Paihia 2020, New Zealand
2: Fullers GreatSights Bay of Islands (Russell), The Strand, Russell 0202, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vehicles are collapsible-wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Departures and itineraries may be subject to sea and weather conditions
- It is recommended that you bring a jacket (it can get cool on the boat), hat and sunglasses; if you plan to swim, bring a swimsuit and towel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 140 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Certain seats on the vehicles will be no sit zones for distancing, Increased contact tracing is in place so you are required to provide your details upon arrival. We are following the guidelines and precautions set by the New Zealand Government.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.