Thermal Amphibious Experience
Experience the spectacular nature at New Zealand's most colourful natural volcanic park. Marvel at a boiling mud pool and watch a geyser erupt in spectacular fashion at one of New Zealand’s most impressive geothermal wonderlands. Witness at the multi-coloured pools and other dramatic features as you wander along the tracks combining an opportunity to Sit back and Ride, Quack, Laugh, Splash, and discover Rotorua with amphibious Duck Tours, a once in a lifetime unique adventure!
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Admission to Lady Knox Geyser
- Admission to self-guided walk at Wai-o–Tapu thermal wonderland
- Admission to or 90 minutes fully guided amphibious duck tour
- Discover the land of geothermal activities on this scorching stunning tour from Auckland!
- Visit the thermal wonderland of Wai-O-Tapu and witness its unique volcanic features
- Explore the incredible Lady Knox geyser eruption with heights of 10 to 20 metres
- Witness a spectacular display of New Zealand’s most colourful and unique geothermal elements
- Wander around the natural formations in the park sculpted by thousands of years in the making
- Carry on past the Champagne Pool, a bubbling hot spring famed for its brilliant orange rim
- Walk through the surreal lunar-like environment to witness the volcanic wonders
- Take in Rotorua’s sights from your seat on an amphibious bus
- Learn about the history of our lakes with a Splashdown into two different areas
- Fully guided and entertaining insight into the City of Rotorua and the surrounding areas
- See iconic buildings, hot springs, geothermal activity and so much more
- Ride, laugh, quack, splash and so much more!
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Entry/Admission - Rotorua Duck Tours
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
Stop At: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Named “One of the 20 Most Surreal Places in the World" by TripAdvisor, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland is New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal area. Thousands of years in the making, this stunning landscape is nestled within a natural bush setting through which self-guided walks take between 30 and 75 minutes. The range of geothermal activity is extensive and includes huge volcanic craters formed by collapsing ground, steaming vents, sinter terrace formations, coloured hot and cold water springs among which is the world famous Champagne Pool.
Presented daily at 10.15am is the eruption of the Lady Knox Geyser and ever active is the nearby “Mud Pool” where bubbling mud is always evident. Finish off your experience with a trip to the Mud Pool. A visit to Wai-O-Tapu isn't complete without it! The Mud Pool is located at the site of a large mud volcano that was destroyed by erosion in the 1920's. You'll discover why Rotorua is nicknamed "Sulphur City" here.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Rotorua Duck Tours, 1241 Fenton Street, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
What better way is there to explore the rich and scenic history of Rotorua, than in a 'duck' amphibious vehicle. Our Rotorua City and Lakes tour is a fantastic sightseeing experience. Discover the fantastic local landmarks, including the Museum, Government Gardens, Lake Rotorua, Mokoia Island, Geothermal Sulphur Point and Blue baths, as well as a multitude of picturesque and gorgeous surrounding areas. You’ll be thrilled and amazed by each and every destination on your list. This 90 minute journey starts in the spectacular Rotorua City, then you'll venture out for a "splashdown" entry into Lake Tikitapu (blue lake). Lake Okareka has the abundance of magnificent bird life that will keep even the most experienced birdwatcher in awe. Mixed in with the glorious wildlife is a setting for million dollar homes and you will also be granted access to thrilling views of Mt Tarawera. After the marvelous scenery has left you in awe, you will head back through Rotorua and bask in the glorious day!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, Sun protection, jacket/warm layer, & any essential personal items.
- Easy and good fitness level required.
- Being an active geothermal area with uneven terrain, sturdy footwear is recommended. Jandals, sandals, flip-flops or high heeled shoes are not suitable.
- You must be able to climb and descend stairs and walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- Bring a camera or a phone with camera capability as this is the perfect place to get some great travel photos.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons