Tongariro Alpine Crossing
We specialize in transfers to the world famous Tongariro Alpine Crossing trek.
Locally owned and operated family business with the convenience of cultural insights, genuine local hospitality & drivers.
per adult from
30 to 40 minutes
What's included :
- Cultural insights on arrival
- Safety briefing
What's excluded :
- One way transfers from the end point (Ketetahi) to the start of the Crossing (Mangatepopo).
This is the easiest hassle free and cheapest option if you have your own car.
You will do the 6-8 hour hike back to your car in the car park which is located a short walk from the end of the Tongariro Crossing. No need for afternoon shuttle transfers.
Departure Point :
Pick up is in the only secure off road car park located opposite the end of the hike at the Ketetahi end on highway 46. Please tell us your pick up time. 6am, 7am, 8am or 9am. You must arrive at least 15 minutes early so you don't miss the shuttle.
OtherTongariro crossing Mountain shuttle, Lake Rotoaira Road, Otukou 3382, New Zealand - You can google "Tongariro Crossing Mountain Shuttle." and look for the big brown sign into the Tongariro Shuttle Car Park.
Return Detail :Mangatepopo Road, Manawatu-Wanganui 3989, New Zealand - This is the start of the Tongariro Alpine Crossing. 6-8 hour self guided hike back to your own car.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.