Tongariro River Family Fun White Water Rafting from Turangi
Splash, crash and laugh with the best 3-hour adventure for families with younger children. Professionally guided and completely outfitted, spend up to 1.75-hours on the river rafting through 20-plus exciting but safe grade two rapids. Visit the National Trout Centre and feed the fish, enjoy hot chocolate and chocolate, swim in the pools and experience the beautiful Tongariro River. Back at base enjoy a hot shower followed by complimentary cold refreshments and a river dog (hot dog) while watching your trips photo's.
What's included :
- Professional "Kiwi" River Guide
- Transport to and from the river
- Visit to the National Trout Centre
- On River Hot Chocolate and Chocolate
- Optional Cliff Jump
- Hot Showers
- Post trip cold Beer/Soda or Hot Mulled Wine
- Post trip River Dog (Hot Dog)
- Entry/Admission - Rafting New Zealand
- Entry/Admission - Tongariro River
- Entry/Admission - Tongariro National Trout Centre
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Stop At: Rafting New Zealand, 41 Ngawaka Place Southern Lake Taupo, Turangi 3334 New Zealand
Our Rafting base equipped with all of the creature comforts you will require - world-famous Ozone coffee, Cafe snacks, drinks, free Wifi, heated changing rooms and solar powered hot showers as well as fr parking.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tongariro River, New Zealand
New Zealand’s best family rafting adventure happens just a few minutes outside of Turangi on the lower reaches of the Tongariro River – world famous for its pristine water, incredible scenery and awesome native wild life.
Suitable for ages 3 and up, our Tongariro Family Fun is an adventure for people wanting a safe, intimate introduction to white-water rafting. The 8km (5 mile) journey is perfect for families with young children, more senior of citizens or those that are just not very water-confident.
The entire Tongariro Family Fun adventure is ‘hands-on’ and engaging; it so unique that you will think you are miles away from civilisation while riding a series of 20+ rapids – with our professional raft guides ensuring everyone is enjoying themselves with authentic Maori myths and legends unique to this part of the country, fun, laughter, water education, safety tips and expert trivia about the fragile Tongariro environment.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tongariro National Trout Centre, 257 State Highway 1, Turangi 3334 New Zealand
We make a nice stop into the National Trout Centre where kids get an opportunity to feed trout and also enjoy a hot chocolate and snacks.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :41 Ngawaka Place, Tūrangi 3334, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons