Tongariro River White Water Rafting Adventure
Rated by the Lonely Planet as 1 of 10 unmissable Aquatic New Zealand adventures in 2015 (The only rafting trip in the list). This half-day Tongariro River journey is truly a fantastic rafting adventure. The rapids are Grade Three, which makes this an ideal adventure for expert and first-time rafters alike. In 2.5 hours you navigate over 60 roller coaster rapids with an expert guide at the helm. A large part the top section of this trip can only be accessed by raft or kayak so you'll see plenty of spectacular unspoiled wilderness.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only for 12.00pm and 2.00pm trips if option selected)
- Rafting and safety equipment
- Wetsuit, boots, fleece jacket, spray jacket, helmet and gloves when required.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Tongariro River Rafting
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tongariro River Rafting, 95 Atirau Road, Tūrangi 3334, New Zealand
Arrive here 15 minutes before your trip time and be welcomed by our friendly team of guides. Sit back and relax with a cup of tea or coffee while you wait for the trip to begin.
Once everyone has arrived, your guide will talk you through all the gear that we will provide you for the river (you only need to bring your swimwear and a towel). Then you'll get changed in the changing rooms and head out in the bus to the river for a few hours of rafting!
At the top of the river your guide will talk you through safety on the river and show you how to use the paddle before heading out onto the beautiful Tongariro River.
Unforgettable adventures await as you navigate 60 rapids in a 13km stretch – more rapids in one stretch than anywhere in New Zealand, how cool is that?
The Tongariro River’s grade 3 rapids are perfect for first-time rafters: thrills and spills galore without any extreme drops requiring experience.
Soaked to the skin and grinning from ear to ear, return to our base for a hot drink and a snack. In winter we’ll stop by the local hot pools to get you extra toasty.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :95 Atirau Road, Tūrangi 3334, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from anywhere in the central Taupo or Turangi area on our afternoon trips. Pickups from Taupo are one hour before the trip time. Please let us know where you would like to be picked up from at the time of booking.Airports
- Taupo Airport, Taupo New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- All customers will be supplied with a wetsuit that must be worn when rafting
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.