Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland Admission Ticket
Thousands of Years in the Making a Wonderland of Stunning Geothermal Activity. The technical description for this remarkable place is that it’s part of an 18-sq. km active geothermal park at the northern perimeter of the Reporoa Caldera (a collapsed volcanic crater) formed 230,000 years ago within the Taupo Volcanic Zone. The ‘wow’ factor is much in evidence at Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, the place we love to share with visitors from all corners of the globe. Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland ‘one of the most surreal places on earth’ so naturally it’s high on the list of Rotorua’s must-see attractions. A place to marvel at nature’s artistic splendour, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland is also committed to providing a safe visitor experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guide map
- Entry/Admission - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Visit: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Visitors come to Wai-O-Tapu to marvel at the hot pools, volcanic craters and steaming fissures of this otherworldly area.
Explore the natural geothermal environment on your own. Walk along well-marked paths that take you to brilliantly colored steaming pools that bubble and hiss with thermal activity. Hear a presentation given daily at 10:15am when the Lady Knox Geyser erupts. Admire the native bush along your walk.
Our comprehensive guide map provided with your ticket contains a great deal of useful information about the features within the park. There are currently translations available in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Russian and Czech.
Expect to spend between 45-90 minutes at Wai-O Tapu with plenty of time to take great photos of the spectacular scenery.
If you want to rest or grab a bite to eat, there's a cafe, souvenir shop, picnic area and lookout point near the visitor center.
Departure Point :Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, 201 Waiotapu Loop Road Rd 3, Rotorua 3073 New Zealand
Departure Time :11:59 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Waiotapu Thermal Wonderland is a cashless site. All major credit cards and EFTPOS are available.
- Waiotapu Thermal Wonderland is Smoke-Free within the visitor center and geothermal park
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our priority is to protect and support our staff and visitors. Our precautionary measures include maintaining rigorous cleaning and sanitising routines and providing QR codes for personal contact tracing. We remain in close communication with New Zealand Ministry of Health and Tourism New Zealand.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.