Waiatoto River Safari
The jet boat is the mode of transport, the river safari is the attraction. The jet boat will take you safely up the river into remote back country. Touch and learn about the natural history of New Zealand's remote World Heritage Area. Your tour is operated by a family business, when you go on this tour, you arrive as strangers and leave as friends.
There are many stops for commentary on the native birds, animals and forest of the South Westland region. A photographer's dream, stretch your legs at the top of the river for an optional forest walk into New Zealand's rain forest. Touch the ferns, listen to birds and spot the fish. Ideal for all ages and physical fitness. For infants to elderly, this is a must do, to explore the UNESCO World Heritage area-Te Wāhipounamu of South Westland, New Zealand.
per adult from
What's included :
- National park fees
- Warm jacket and boots if required
- Post card souvenirs
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Waiatoto River Safari
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waiatoto River Safari, 1975 Haast-Jackson Bay Rd Hannahs Clearing, Haast 7844 New Zealand
Discover one of Kiwi’s favourite tours on the West Coast NZ, taking a jet boat up a remote back country river into UNESCO South West New Zealand World Heritage Area. Nature, heritage and scenic tour for all ages.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1975 Haast-Jackson Bay Road, Jackson Bay 7886, New Zealand
Return Detail :2704A Haast-Jackson Bay Road, Jackson Bay 7886, New Zealand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wear sensible clothes and closed-toed footwear
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Sandflies are present on the West Coast of NZ so protection is insect repellant and covering up. Insect spray is avalaible free of charge
- Check in is 30 minutes prior to departure. The boat does leave on time.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Covid-19 safety plan in place
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.