Waiheke Island Bush & Beach Walk
This 5-hour walk combines the best of Waiheke Island bush and beaches. Fabulous coastal views, seabird nesting grounds and lush forest trails will make this an adventure to remember!
Experience some of the most majestic forest reserves on the island, including the magnificent Pohutukawa trees and Nikau Palms of the Whakanewha Regional Park, Glenbrook Reserve and Te Whau Peninsula.
Enjoy fabulous views of Waiheke Island and back to Auckland.
Learn about island life in the Rocky Bay area.
Finish in time for a swim or packed lunch at the beach.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fantastic scenic walk with expert guiding and interpretation
- Pickup from the ferry or Oneroa 30-minutes prior, for those who require it
What's excluded :
- Ferry fares
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waiheke Island, Hauraki Gulf, Auckland Central, Auckland 1081 New Zealand
This lovely walk, based around the tranquil Te Whau Peninsula and Rocky Bay, brings together the best of the bush and the beach. You get to experience some of the best forest reserves on the island, including the magnificent Pohutukawa trees and Nikau Palms of the Whakanewha Regional Park and Glenbrook Reserve and Te Whau peninsula. Learn about the birdlife on the island, including the protected dotterel nesting grounds, before stopping for a rest down at the beach, where there is time for a swim or to eat your picnic lunch.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will be holding a sign and standing on your left as you leave the ferry at Waiheke Island.Ports
- Fullers Ferry Waiheke Island, 1 Ocean View Road, Oneroa, Auckland 1081, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Advisable to bring: Walking shoes, Water, Raincoat, Sunglasses, Hat, Sunscreen
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We have a full health and safety plan that includes managing the risk of Covid and have procedures in place to ensure the risk is minimised and mitigated and that we fully comply with all NZ government requirements - you will be required to sign in with the Covid app for tracking and tracing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.