Waiheke Island Double Headland Coastal Walk
Experience the twin headlands of Matiatia and Church Bay on Waiheke Island, walking in a small group with an expert local guide.
This walk consists of two parts, with lunch in between. Sometimes we do the northern route first, and sometimes the southern. Why is that? Well, we often need to work around the tides!
Northern route (approx 2 hours): We’ll walk around the Matiatia headland and past Owhanake Bay, enjoying beautiful views of the Hauraki Gulf Islands, Great Barrier Island and Coromandel Peninsula. You’ll spot sea birds, native plants and, if you’re lucky, orcas or dolphins.
We’ll stop for lunch at Oneroa Village. You can eat in one of the local cafes or have a picnic on the beach with food you’ve purchased or brought with you.
Southern route (approx 2 hours): We’ll walk through Pio Rehutai Reserve and around the Church Bay headland through a sculpture park and a stunning bush reserve. We’ll pass hidden coves and amazing homes, as we enjoy view of the city and sea.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fantastic scenic walk and expert guiding and interpretation
- Walking maps
- Return transfers to the ferry (or your island accommodation)
What's excluded :
- Ferry fares
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waiheke Island, Hauraki Gulf, Auckland Central, Auckland 1081 New Zealand
This is our signature walk which runs every day, and it’s great in any weather. Experience the twin headlands of Matiatia and Church Bay on Waiheke Island, leaving from and returning to the ferry terminal. This guided walk is suitable for those who can walk five hours on hilly terrain.
We begin your trip back to nature by greeting you as soon as you step off the ferry. Straight away you’ll be drawn in by the gorgeous scenery and beautiful coastal environment.
Our guided walks are small and highly personal, so groups for this walk are limited to 12 people. Please book well in advance as this is one of our most popular walks and gets booked up!
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will be holding a sign and standing on your left as you leave the ferry at Waiheke Island.Ports
- Fullers Ferry Waiheke Island, 1 Ocean View Road, Oneroa, Auckland 1081, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Advisable to bring: Walking shoes, Water, Raincoat, Sunglasses, Hat, Sunscreen
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We have a full health and safety plan that includes managing the risk of Covid and have procedures in place to ensure the risk is minimised and mitigated and that we fully comply with all NZ government requirements - you will be required to sign in with the Covid app for tracking and tracing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.