Waimangu Volcanic Valley Half Day Tour
We pick guests up in Rotorua CBD and head to Waimangu Volcanic Valley, enroute the driver-guide will provide commentary on the region. On arriving at Waimangu Volcanic Valley, the driver-guide will accompany guests to VIP ticketing and then guests can walk through Waimangu Volcanic Valley at their own pace (unguided). Experience spectacular volcanic craters, enormous hot water springs, beautiful geothermal features, rare and unusual plant life, brilliantly coloured microbiology and a wide array of birds. Visitors are immersed in the stories of the Mt Tarawera volcanic eruption, its people, and the resulting dramatic landscape changes that created the world’s youngest geothermal valley. Guests are picked up approx 1.15pm and returned to Rotorua CBD.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Waimangu Volcanic Valley
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waimangu Volcanic Valley, 587 Waimangu Road Off State Highway 5, Rotorua 3043 New Zealand
Experience spectacular volcanic craters, enormous hot water springs, beautiful geothermal features, rare and unusual plant life, brilliantly coloured micro biology and a wide array of birds. We immerse visitors in the stories of the Mt Tarawera volcanic eruption, its people, and the resulting dramatic landscape changes that created the world’s youngest geothermal valley.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Main pick up point is the Rotorua I-site, however, will pick up from other Rotorua CBD locations as required. We do not pick up outside of Rotorua.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.