Waimangu Volcanic Valley with Boat Cruise Tour
This half-day geothermal experience immerses you in the history and stories of the Waimangu Volcanic Valley.
Explore Waimangu Volcanic Valley, the world’s youngest geothermal system, at your own pace with a range of options for all abilities and ambitions.
Walks vary in length from the 1.5km features to 4.5km and cover a range of geothermal activity, nature and wildlife.
At the end of your walk you can board a boat for a relaxing 45 minute cruise around the tranquil waters of Lake Rotomahana.
Listen to the full history of the lake, the Pink and White Terraces and the Mount Tarawera Eruption from the on-board commentary and see geothermal sites not accessible by foot. Be sure to keep an eye out for the abundant native birdlife on the Lake.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Entry/Admission - Lake Rotomahana
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waimangu Volcanic Valley, 587 Waimangu Road Off State Highway 5, Rotorua 3043 New Zealand
Experience spectacular volcanic craters, enormous hot water springs, beautiful geothermal features, rare and unusual plant life, brilliantly coloured micro biology and a wide array of birds. We immerse visitors in the stories of the Mt Tarawera volcanic eruption, its people, and the resulting dramatic landscape changes that created the world’s youngest geothermal valley.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Lake Rotomahana, Waimangu New Zealand
Lake Rotomahana is one of the deepest lakes in NZ’s North Island. It is protected as a wildlife refuge, and large numbers of birds live here all year round. Beautiful geothermal springs and geysers display along the south west shoreline. It will always remain as one of NZ’s beautiful, unspoilt, natural wilderness areas.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Main pick up point is the Rotorua I-site, however, will pick up from other Rotorua CBD locations as required. We do not pick up outside of Rotorua.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.