Waitangi River Traditional Maori Waka Tour and Waitangi Treaty Grounds Day Pass
Explore the calm waters of the Waitangi River estuary during a 3-hour voyage on a sturdy traditional canoe captained by an experienced local Maori guide. You'll learn native paddling techniques, visit Haruru Falls and look for wildlife, plus hear about Ngapuhi customs, legends and history. The guide teaches you a traditional war dance and takes you to see a Ngapuhi meeting house where you might get the chance to meet members of this Maori community.
Each person that books a Taiamai Tours Heritage Journeys, will also receive a FREE pass to visit and explore the historic Waitangi Treaty Grounds.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Life jacket
- First aid kit
- All-inclusive day pass to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds (this is valid for one day of your choice)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 80 Haruru Falls Road, Haruru 0204 New Zealand
Photo opportunities in front of the Haruru Falls, history of the falls and surrounding area.
Unlimited time for your photo opportunity up close and personal to the Haruru Falls.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Waitangi River Boat Ramp, Te Karuwha Parade, Waitangi 0293, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on the canoe (waka) for safety reasons
- Bring a raincoat or suitable clothing for weather conditions on the day
- Bring your own water, towel, sunscreen, insect repellent and a hat
- It is recommended that you wear soft-soled boat shoes or reef/sand shoes, as your feet will get wet when boarding the canoe
- There will be no refund for any cancellations received 1 day or less before departure
- The local tour operator reserves the right to change, alter or cancel any of the tour options due to adverse weather, events or conditions that may occur beyond their control
- A minimum of 6 pax is required for the tour to operate - the supplier will contact you in the event of that occurring.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.