Waitomo Caves and Kiwi House (private vehicle and driver)
Discover the top attractions of New Zealand’s North Island on this full-day Waitomo Caves and Kiwi House tour from Auckland. Travel along the banks of the Waikato River and visit the famous Waitomo Caves with a guide. Explore the caverns and limestone shafts on foot and by boat, and gaze over the millions of bright green glow worms you find. After lunch, visit the Kiwi House and learn of native New Zealand animal species including the kiwi and the tuatara. This 8-hour tour includes round-trip travel from your Auckland hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Following an 8:30am pickup at your centrally located Auckland hotel, take a seat in your vehicle for the 2.5-hour drive south along the mighty Waikato River to the Waitomo Caves — widely considered among New Zealand’s most impressive natural attractions.
On arrival, enter the dark caves with your guide and admire the deep limestone shafts, impressive stalactites, and open caverns you find. During your 45-minute visit, travel on foot and by boat, and marvel at the millions of bright green glow worms clinking to the dank walls.
After lunch at a local cafe, continue onward to the Kiwi House in the small country town of Otorohanga. Here, gain insight into the life cycle and feeding habits of New Zealand’s famous national bird and see tuatara — prehistoric native New Zealand reptiles.
When your time at the Kiwi House comes to an end, return in comfort to your Auckland hotel to bring your tour to an end.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please let us know your location.Airports
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Princes Wharf, 137-147 Quay Street, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
- Queens Wharf Kiosk, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.