Waitomo Glowworm & Ruakuri & Aranui Cave - Triple Cave Experience
Waitomo Caves is one of the must-see natural attractions in the North Island of New Zealand. There’s so much to do! Above ground attractions combine with underground attractions to create Two Landscapes and Twice the Fun! Fresh air, rolling green fields and untouched native forest await, but the real attractions lie out of sight, in the huge cave system.
Offering a captivating blend of the most compelling subterranean experiences (including glowworms), it will leave you open-mouthed, awe-struck & humbled by the sheer majesty of nature. Begin the tour by journeying down through the spectacular, man-made spiral entrance, marvel at the softly folding shawl-like limestone formations and crystal tapestries while listening to the distant thunder of subterranean waterfalls.
Discover the exquisite interior decorations that have to be seen to be believed. The high chambers, magnificent limestone formations and the pale brown, pink and white shades of the huge stalactites in the Aranui Cave
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Entry to fully guided experience at Glow Worm Caves
- Entry to fully guided experience at Aranui Caves
- Entry to fully guided experience at Ruakuri Caves
- Enjoy the world famous boat ride under thousands of magical glowworms
- Walk through the majestic Cathedral Cave famous for its acoustics
- Enjoy listening to stories about Maori culture from our local guides
- Enjoy incredible underground formations formed over millions of years
- Guided since the late 1880s, this is the original iconic New Zealand attraction
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Entry/Admission - Aranui Cave
- Entry/Admission - Ruakuri Cave
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Be amazed by thousands of magical glowworms above as you glide silently by boat in the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves. The enchanting Waitomo Caves have been attracting visitors for more than 120 years, thanks to their incredible limestone formations and luminescent glowworms. The subterranean cave system is located beneath the rolling green countryside of the Waikato, one of New Zealand’s prime farming regions. Your guided Waitomo Caves tour will be an unforgettable sightseeing experience as you walk through majestic caverns, explore limestone shafts, marvel at the stalactites and stalagmites and enjoy a boat ride through a grotto lit by thousands of tiny native glowworms.
Glowworm caves in New Zealand offer visitors the chance to explore dark caves that are lit up by thousands of tiny glowworms (scientifically known as Arachnocampa Luminosa) who shine bright as a way to attract their prey.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Aranui Cave, 39 Waitomo Caves Road Ruakuri Scenic Reserve, Otorohanga 3977 New Zealand
Join the guided walking tour through an enchanted forest and learn about the native New Zealand landscape and flora. Enjoy this educational tour as you discover some of Waitomo’s largest public stalactites, stunning rock formations and the infamous cave-dwelling weta colony.
Discover the exquisite interior decorations that have to be seen to be believed. The high chambers, magnificent limestone formations and the pale brown, pink and white shades of the huge stalactites in the Aranui Cave are truly spectacular. Almost every corner of the roof and walls are adorned with fragile, sparkling forms in pale brown, pink and white in our most intimate cave system.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ruakuri Cave, Waitomo Caves 3977 New Zealand
Offering a captivating blend of the most compelling subterranean experiences (including glowworms), it will leave you open-mouthed, awe-struck and humbled by the sheer majesty of nature. Begin the tour by journeying down through the spectacular, man-made spiral entrance, marvel at the softly folding shawl-like limestone formations and crystal tapestries while listening to the distant thunder of subterranean waterfalls. If you want to see glowworms up-close and personal and learn about their fascinating life, then this is the tour for you.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.