Waitomo Glowworm Cave Experience
New Zealand prides itself as one of the few countries in the world with an incredibly wide range of natural resources and wonderful attractions. The Waitomo Glow-worm Caves are a major drawing card for the region as its natural beauty is something to admire. Under the green hills of Waitomo lies a labyrinth of caves, sinkholes and underground rivers. Ride a boat beneath thousands of tiny glow-worms inhabit the cave and put on a mesmerising light display likened to the twinkling night sky.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fully guided return transfers from Auckland
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from Auckland CBD
- Complimentary refreshments and water on board
- A local English-speaking tour escort throughout the tour
- Luxurious temperature controlled transportation in a minibus
- Admission to fully guided experience Waitomo Glow Worm Cave
- Boat ride on an underground stream through the Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Marvel at awe-inspiring stalactites and stalagmites during the 45-minute tour of the Glow-worm Caves
- Be captivated by the thousands of magical glow-worms as you glide silently by boat
- Walk through the Cathedral Cave and experience the amazing acoustics
- Immerse yourself in geology and history of the Waitomo caves with the help of a tour guide
- Witness the history created over thousands of years
- See more glow-worms than you could ever imagine all lighting up above your head!
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
What's excluded :
- Access to Wi-Fi on board for a small surcharge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Discover your moment of magic in the Waitomo Glowworm Caves tour. Known as one of New Zealand’s best natural attractions, take a boat ride through the glow worm grotto, marvel at thousands of magical glowworms and become part of over 130 years of cultural and natural history.
Discover an ancient world 30 million years in the making and marvel at Mother Nature’s light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto. Experience the serene ambience as you enter this galaxy of tiny living lights. The glowworm (Arachnocampa Luminosa) is unique to New Zealand, making the Waitomo Glowworm Caves an absolute must-do. See thousands of these tiny creatures as they radiate their unmistakable luminescent light in a subterranean world.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Grand Mercure Auckland, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, Sun protection, jacket/warm layer, & any essential personal items.
- Easy and good fitness level required.
- This is a guided walking tour and sensible walking footwear is recommended.
- No photography is permitted inside the Waitomo caves, and cameras and Go Pros cannot be taken on the tour.
- No backpacks or large bags allowed in cave due to delicate formations.
- Please do not touch the formation in the cave as it discoloured easily, please help us protect our cave.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.