Waitomo Glowworms Caves Small Group Adventure from Auckland
Discovered over 120 years ago, and being home to a species of glowworm found nowhere else in the world, Waitomo Glowworm caves and their bio-luminescent galaxy are a must see for any traveler. All our tours are run in small groups, in modern mini buses, specially built to enhance your tour experience and day. On board we have amazing, passionate guides, who always have a lot of stories, facts and commentary to keep you entertained along the way. Drop down screens in all our tour vehicles add even more to the experience, bringing the guides stories to life. There are so many little things that make our tours unique and memorable including secret stops, surprise wildlife viewings, complimentary water and snacks, USB charging points for your devices and even Wifi access in the tour vehicle. We are proud that our customer reviews show it's not all about the destination... it's the journeys too, that make our tours special.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our modern, comfortable minivans and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside on a fully guided journey to the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves.During the journey to Waitomo you will encounter New Zealand's longest river, beautiful mountains and many different farm animals along the way.
Once in Waitomo you can choose between several of the Waitomo caves or upgrade to Black Water Rafting for a real adventure rush.
During your chosen cave tour you will explore the ancient and amazing caves seeing many different cave formations including Stalactites, Stalagmites and lime Columns before encountering thousands of the famous Waitomo Glowworms, unique for New Zealand for over 120 years. Waitomo Glowworm caves are a must see for any traveller.
For those of you that choose the short tour at Waitomo you will have free time after your tour to explore the area and maybe even do one of the walks to add to your experience.
After your Waitomo Caves tour you will also have the option to have lunch in the town or join us at Roselands for a delicious and highly recommended Kiwi BBQ buffet lunch.
After lunch our friendly guides will return you to Auckland pointing out more interesting sights along the way.
Cave Options (Please select your cave option during the booking process)
WAITOMO GLOWWORM CAVES
World-renowned and a magnet for both local and overseas visitors, the Waitomo Glowworm Caves occupy a high placing in the New Zealand vacation wish-list. This tour is a 45 min tour including the famous Glowworm Grotto Boat Ride. On the glowworm grotto boat ride you will marvel at Mother Nature's light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto.
RUAKURI CAVE (Recommended) - Summer only (or private tour in winter)
If travelling all the way to Waitomo we recommend upgrading to Ruakuri Cave. The cave offers a captivating blend of Waitomo's most compelling subterranean experiences. Journey down through the spectacular spiral entrance, and marvel at the softly folding shawl-like limestone formations and crystal tapestries. Hear the distant thunder of the subterranean waterfalls and get up close to the
Ruakuri Cave is New Zealand's longest guided underground walking tour and an experience that must be seen to be believed. It will leave you open-mouthed, awe-struck and humbled by the sheer majesty of nature.
BLACK WATER RAFTING (Black Labyrinth) - Summer only (or private tour in winter)
The original Waitomo black water rafting tour that will have you exploring and tubing through mysterious Ruakuri Cave. Grab a group of mates, some rubber tubes, and let’s take you on an unreal underground adventure you will never forget.
Float down the underground river in rubber tubes while admiring the glowworm displays above
Become part of the legend on Waitomo’s original legendary black water rafting adventure·
Jump into cascading underground waterfalls, reflecting the glowworms above ·
Enjoy a hot shower and complimentary hot soup and bagels after your tour ·
Experienced, trained guides will take you safely through the stunning underworld
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from. Pick ups start up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, Swiss-Belsuites Victoria ParkGroup 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Nesuto Celestion Apartment Hotel, Nesuto Stadium Apartments, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, SO/AucklandGroup 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland (Hobson Street), ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, SkyCity hotel, SkyCity Grand Hotel, YMCA HostelGroup 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Haka Lodge Auckland city, Kiwi International Hotel, VR Auckland city (Hobson Street), Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments, YHA Auckland City BackpackersPassengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 15-20 minutes after the tour start time.Ports
- Auckland Airport (pick up from Butterfly Creek, 10 Tom Pearce Drive)
- Ports Of Auckland (Pick up from M Social Hotel)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 4 passengers required for tour to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours’ notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.