Wellington Coastal Tour
The trip is an excellent opportunity to catch a magnificent sunrise over the foggy Wellington Harbour or sunset to the South Island, over the Cook Straight. Along the shore, there are plenty of challenging subjects to shoot: Oriental Bay with its iconic Carter Memorial Fountain, the sculptures disseminated from the entrance to the Miramar peninsula up to Taputeranga Marine Reserve. Shelly Bay is a must-visit point. A chocolate fish and a delectable coffee will complete the day. If we are lucky enough, it’s possible to watch some dolphins or orcas playing around.
One of the most photographed beacons is Halswell Lighthouse, marking the entrance in Wellington Harbour. Between Karaka Bay and Breaker Bay, some photogenic piers leave the shore suspended over the sea. It's a good idea also to take some photos of fishers and their catches. Going forward, Breaker Bay and Moa Point are perfect to see Interislander and Blue Bridge ferries crossing Cook Strait.
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Free hire of a tripod
What's excluded :
Stop At: Wellington, Wellington, Greater Wellington, North Island
The tour starts in the Wellington CDB and ends in the same place. Have your camera prepared for the next 4 to 6 hours. The journey begins with the route's panorama from Mount Victoria Lookout. From the city's most impressive viewpoint it's easy to spot Oriental Bay, the sculptures, Shelly Bay, Point Halswell Lighthouse. We will imagine where Karaka Bay and Breaker Bay are behind Miramar and Seatoun Heights, and far, far away are seeing Taputeranga Island and Red Rocks.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Museum of New Zealand - Te Papa Store, 55 Cable Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We will communicate with you once a booking has been made to confirm the most convenient pick-up time and place.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized