Wellington Shore Excursion: Half Day Taste Buds Tour of Petone
Receive a cruise terminal pick up and discover the locally made treats and secret foodie spots in Petone, one of the oldest settlements in Wellington. This 5-hour tour gives your taste buds a thrilling journey through the history and produce of local food and beverage artisans and importers. Get an exclusive behind the scenes look at a local specialty coffee roastery, taste freshly made cheeses, sample local craft beers, visit a chocolatier and have a tasting platter at an Italian restaurant and cafe. A different tasting experience at every location. Return drop off at the cruise ship terminal available at the completion of the tour.
What's included :
- Small Group Tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Cruise ship terminal pick up and drop off
- Professional local driver guide
- Food and beverage tasting
- Entry/Admission - Small Batch, Ripe Coffee Roasters
- Entry/Admission - Zany Zeus
- Entry/Admission - La Bella Italia
- Entry/Admission - The Chocolate Story
- Entry/Admission - Brewtown Upper Hutt
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks and food products for taking away are available to purchase (optional) at own expense.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Small Batch, Ripe Coffee Roasters, 22 Waione Street, Petone, Lower Hutt 5012, New Zealand
Your first visit is to a specialty coffee roastery on the Petone foreshore where you will learn it's fascinating history and the trace the amazing journey of it's coffee beans from shrub to cup! Take part in a coffee roast and hear the beans crack under intense heat as the aroma of the roasted beans fills the room. Challenge your taste buds in a cupping session and match the coffees to the tasting notes before sitting back enjoying a famous flat white (or coffee of your choice)!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Zany Zeus, 149 Randwick Road, Moera, Lower Hutt 5010, New Zealand
Next stop is Zany Zeus dairy and cheese factory where you will sample a range of cheeses, yogurts and organic ice cream including a smoked yogurt - the first ‘yogurt’ of its kind available in New Zealand
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: La Bella Italia, 10 Nevis Street, Petone, Lower Hutt 5045, New Zealand
Your next encounter takes you to a little bit of Parma, Italy in New Zealand as you taste a range of cured meats served with pizza bread and a glass of lambrusco. Traditional, authentic Italian products that ooze with flavour.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Chocolate Story, 185a Jackson Street, Petone, Lower Hutt 5012, New Zealand
The next stop is for the sweet of tooth as you call in on the resident chocolatier for a tasting and chocolate making lesson! Through utilizing French and European inspired recipes, then adapting them to locally sourced New Zealand products, the chocolatier blends in premium chocolates such as the world famous Valrhona Couverture Chocolate to produce chocolates you will love.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Brewtown Upper Hutt, 23 Blenheim Street, Maidstone, Upper Hutt 5018, New Zealand
Your final stop is a visit to the local craft brewery for a tasting of their full range of locally produced craft beer. Try a tasting paddle of any four of their locally made beers available on tap.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Aotea Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour pick up is from the cruise terminal on Aotea Quay.Ports
- Wellington Cruise Terminal
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum (drinking) age is 18 years
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.