Wellington's Full Day Lord of the Rings Locations Tour including Lunch
Explore Middle-earth on this 'Lord of the Rings' location tour. Re-create scenes from 'The Lord of the Rings' book and movies, and see how Middle-earth was created in the beautiful countryside outside Wellington. Go behind the scenes on a visit to the Weta Cave, where 'The Lord of the Rings' movies were produced, and see famous movie locations including the Greenbelt, the Hutt Valley and the gorgeous native forest park that re-created Rivendell. Enjoy a 'Lord of the Rings' lunch and hear insider gossip on how the movies were made on this 'Lord of the Rings' tour in Wellington.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off. Please advise at time of booking
- Lord of the Rings' themed lunch
- Local and professional guide
- Visit 9 movie locations
- Souvenir map
- Native forest walk
- Weta Studios workshop exhibition tour
- Entry/Admission - Weta Workshop
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Weta Workshop, Corner of Camperdown Rd & Weka St Miramar, Wellington 6022 New Zealand
Start your full-day tour of The Lord of the Rings filming locations with hotel pickup in Wellington. Continue on to Mt Victoria and enjoy the views before embarking on a 40-minute stroll through the Outer Shire, home to many iconic scenes from the Fellowship of the Ring. Your guide is well-versed in The Lord of the Rings trilogy and shares insider knowledge about the Wellington movie industry.
Next, you’re taken to Weta Cave where you will watch a short documentary on the ‘Wellywood’ facilities before discovering the 'Window into Workshop' exhibition with a Weta Crew member then there is time to browse the Weta cave museum and gift shop.
Then, head to the Scorch-O-Rama cafe for a LOTR–themed lunch: Orc-sized!
In the afternoon, learn why New Zealand is the ideal place to create movie sets as you explore more film locations. See the Great River Anduin, view the Gardens of Isengard and
imagine the Elves living in the 1,000-year-old native rainforest of Kaitoke Regional Park, the setting for Rivendell. Then see the location where Helm's Deep and Minas Tirith were filmed, before concluding your full-day tour with drop-off at your Wellington hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kaitoke Regional Park Waterworks Road Entrance New Zealand
Stop At: Rover Rings, Wellington 6140 New Zealand
Stop At: Mount Victoria, Alexandra Lookout Rd, Wellington 6001 New Zealand
First you will stop at the lookout for a stunning view of Wellington City. You will then make your way to some of the film locations. You see such scenes as the “Dunharrow Encampment,” “Shortcut to Mushrooms,” “Race to the Buckleberry Ferry,” and the iconic “Get off the Road” scene, where the Hobbits hid from the Black Riders.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most city centre hotels (we do not pick up from AirBnB's). We CAN'T pick up from hotels outside the city centre. Please advise of your accommodation while booking and we will contact you if it's not possible to pick up from there.Our central city pick up point is located at 145 Wakefield Street, WellingtonWe can collect directly from the cruise terminal. This option is FOR CRUISE PASSENGERS ONLY. Please advise which ship you are on.Ports
- Cruise Terminal - Centreport Wellington
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for participants with walkers or limited mobility
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are adhering to all government recommended policies and are changing depending on New Zealand's Alert level.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.