Weta Cave Workshop Tour & Miniature Effects Tour with Transport
Enter the world of Weta Workshop with There and Back Again: The Full Experience, a guided round trip by Weta Workshop! You’ll enjoy return transfers from Wellington i-SITE to Weta Weta Workshop, where you’ll explore our Weta Cave Workshop Tour and our Miniature Effects Tour: Thunderbirds Are Go.
Your driver will highlight iconic film sites during your journey and you’ll get priority seating to our exclusive documentary. A Weta Workshop crew member will then show you incredible props and costumes from films like The Hobbit and The Chronicles of Narnia, followed by a journey through the amazing miniatures of Thunderbirds Are Go!
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided return transfers from i-SITE - live commentary on board
- Priority seating to documentary
- Professional guided Weta Cave Workshop Tour
- Professional guided tour through the Thunderbirds Are Go shooting stage
- Entry/Admission - i-SITE Bus Pickup Point
- Entry/Admission - Weta Workshop
What's excluded :
- Does not include hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: i-SITE Bus Pickup Point, 145 Wakefield Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Your guided transfers depart 7 days a week from the bus park opposite the Amora Hotel, 145 Wakefield Street.
We recommend arriving at the pick-up point 15-min before your booked departure time.
Stop At: Weta Workshop, Corner of Camperdown Rd & Weka St Miramar, Wellington 6022 New Zealand
Journey from central Wellington to the Weta Cave in a dedicated shuttle, then take a seat in the Weta Cave to learn about the history of the Weta's creativity. A Weta Workshop crew member will then guide you on a tour through a converted area of the Workshop.
From your favourite films to larger-than-life exhibitions: during our Weta Cave Workshop Tour learn about the practical effects created for The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, the record-breaking Gallipoli: The scale of our war and more! Wander through Manufacture Alley, interacting with the tools and technology of our creative departments. Hear our tales of filmmaking, see artists at work on our tour stage, and learn secrets of movie magic!
Continue your journey with the Miniatures Stage Tour, where you'll visit the authentic Thunderbirds Are Go shooting stage and discover the Weta Workshop models built for the popular TV series. Your talented guide will reveal initial concepts and storyboards, then take you through the unbelievable miniatures built for the show. Includes a rare photo opportunity with the Tracy brothers!
Departure Point :Wellington Movie Tours, 145 Wakefield Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Photography is strictly prohibited in all tour spaces, unless specified by the tour guide
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or at our tour spaces
- This tour takes place in a functioning workshop, so it can get a little drafty. We recommend bringing an extra warm layer or two
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them on board and disembark
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.