Whaka Geothermal Trails Self-Guided Tour
Our new geothermal nature trails provide exclusive access to an untouched geothermal landscape where visitors can experience the raw nature of Papatuanuku (mother-earth). The Jurassic park-like landscape is described as providing regenerative powers as you find yourself face-to-face with Nature, Hot Spring Lakes, Mud Pools, Geysers and native manuka bushlands.
per adult from
30 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Whakarewarewa Entry Ticket
- Entry/Admission - Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village, 17 Tryon Street Whakarewarewa Village, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
The trails are self-guided walks ranging between 30 and 60 minutes and suitable for people with a low level of fitness. These trails combine views of native ferns, edible plants and eerie glimpses of our unique geothermal landscape, including colourful steaming lakes and thermal pools that you can only view at Whakarewarewa. You will definitely find a most memorable photo-snap opportunity for your social media profile! The Whaka Geothermal Trails will be an ongoing reserve development as we open new areas to be discovered.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :17 Tryon Street, Whakarewarewa, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
Departure Time :12/18/2020 - 9/30/2021
10/1/2021 - 8/11/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.