White Island Volcano Helicopter Flight from Tauranga
Enjoy an unforgettable helicopter flight over White Island, New Zealand's most active volcano. This flight will take a 70-minute flight over one of the world's most unique geological sites. While in flight, your pilot will explain points of interest. Maximum number of passengers is 9 on this small-group tour. This is a flight only and does not include landing on the crater.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off by request
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: White Island, Tauranga New Zealand
Whakaari / White Island is an active andesite stratovolcano, situated 90 km from Tauranga, New Zealand, in the Bay of Plenty. It is New Zealand's most active cone volcano, and has been built up by continuous volcanic activity over the past 150,000 years
Departure Point :Aerius Helicopters Tauranga, Hangar 8 142 Aerodrome Road, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up only from local Hotels and Motels. No pickups from private addresses. We will pick you up 30 minutes prior to the time of your flight booking. e.g. 10 am pick up for 10.30 am flight.Look for our White Mini-van.If coming off a cruise ship meet out the front of the port gates Ports
- Port of Tauranga - Cruise Ship
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 8 years old and must weigh over 20kgs
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Flights require a minimum of 2 passengers to be confirmed. If wanting to book for 1 person we will aim to book you with other confirmed passengers. You will need to contact Aerius Helicopters for availability if booking for 1 person
- If booking within 24 hours of departure please phone for availability. Bookings within this time cannot be made online
- In accordance with CAA rules and regulations, we require all passengers to inform us of their accurate weight before any flight. For the purpose of aircraft weight, balance and safety, the maximum weight allowed per seat is 130kgs (286lbs)
- Our pilots will make a decision in regards to weather conditions on the day of your booked flight. If the weather conditions are not suitable for flying, we will contact you to reschedule your booking or provide a full refund.
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- All flights are subject to weather and weight restrictions. If the pilot has any concerns, flights may be altered at their discretion.
- If you would like to be picked up from your hotel or cruise ship terminal instead of meeting at the meeting point, please advise your hotel information in the 'Special Requirements' section at time of booking so the supplier can arrange this with you.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.