Wild Coast Challenge Remutaka Cycle Tour
Ride the ruggedly beautiful Wild Coast track and on to Days Bay. You'll take in rugged and remote coastline with seal colonies, lighthouses and lakes, and eventually Eastbourne's beautiful bays and cafes. 39km of moderate/challenging riding.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 9am pick up from your accommodation in Wellington
- Comfortable and capable mountain bike / electric bike (eBike)
- Helmet and repair kit
- Rear carrier rack and trunk bag for your personal effects
- Packed lunch, water, and snacks
- First Aid kit and GPS tracker in case of emergency
- Transport back to your hotel (or anywhere else) in Wellington afterward / Ferry Pass from Days Bay to Wellington CBD, your choice!
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Days Bay
What's excluded :
- Excludes on-trail guide - our friendly staff will brief you and answer any questions you may have, but the trail is easy to follow so a guide isn't really necessary.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Wellington, Wellington, Greater Wellington, North Island
We'll pick you up from you accommodation in Wellington / Hutt Valley and shuttle you out to the start of the trail.
Pass By: Lake Wairarapa, Lake Domain Road, Lake Reserve, Featherston 5771 New Zealand
We'll pass over the Remutaka Ranges and through the Wairarapa countryside, past Lake Wairarapa, down to Ocean Beach, where you'll begin your cycle ride.
Stop At: Wainuiomata Coast, Lower Hutt 5373, New Zealand
Jump on your bike and head around the coast to Days Bay via Orongorongo. Our staff have seen orca, dolphins and seals in this area, and that's before you even get to Pencarrow's lakes and lighthouses - it's an incredible part of the country. Though beautiful and one of the highlights of the Remutaka Cycle Trail, it is quite a rugged section of the trail and good fitness levels are required - please read trail info thoroughly before committing, and if in doubt consider taking an ebike!
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Pencarrow Lighthouse, Pencarrow Coast Road, Lower Hutt 5013 New Zealand
Stop and check out the views from the NZ's oldest lighthouse, across the Cook Straight to the South Island & Kaikoura mountain ranges, or out across Wellington harbour.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Days Bay, Wellington New Zealand
Enjoy a scenic cruise back across the harbour from Days Bay to Wellington CBD
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington / Lower Hutt at 9amAirports
- Wellington Intl Airport, Wellington New Zealand
- CentrePort Wellington, 1 Hinemoa Street, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please provide the following at time of booking, so we can make sure your day goes smoothly:
- Info regarding your dietary requirements - eg "no seafood please", "gluten free", "vegetarian"
- Your approximate height (for bike sizing) - inches or cm are fine.
- The address that you would like our shuttle to pick you up from at 9am - anywhere in Wellington or the Hutt Valley is fine
- Trips are subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund at your discretion.
- Minimum age is 16
- Maximum of 15 people per booking
- Please wear appropriate clothing for outdoor activity. During the warmer months, this means shorts and a t-shirt for riding, and a light jacket in reserve. During the colder months you may prefer long pants or tights (nothing baggy that may catch on the bike!), with a tshirt, fleece and light jacket in reserve. Closed shoes - running shoes are perfect - must be worn at all times.
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.