Wild West Coast & Black Sand Beach Tour incl Craft Beer Brewery Lunch & Tasting
Auckland’s Wild West Coast Tour, this small group, fully-guided day trip combines the best the west coast of Auckland has to offer.
• West Coast Black Sand Beaches & Rugged Coastline
• Muriwai Gannet Colony
• Hallertau Brewery Lunch
• Craft Beer Tasting
Done jointly with our Auckland Highlights Tour makes the ultimate Auckland experience. Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge, and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it’s our small groups, guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.
per adult from
What's included :
- Small Group & Fully Guided Tour
- Lunch - Set menu
- Craft Beer Tasting
- Park entry fees
What's excluded :
- For the full Auckland experience join our Auckland City Highlights Small Group Tour in the morning.
- Entry/Admission - Sky Tower
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sky Tower, Victoria Street West, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departing from the famous landmark of the Auckland Sky Tower, our west coast adventure begins with a guided tour out of the city centre over the famous Harbour Bridge to Auckland’s North Shore. We then head west towards the affluent areas of Coatesville, Kumeu & Riverhead. While on this journey our guides will point out all the main attractions and tell stories about the area along the way.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Hallertau Brewery, 1171 Coatesville Riverhead Highway, Riverhead 0892, New Zealand
Arriving at the craft beer brewery Hallertau, you will be treated to a delicious lunch of your choice from a special set menu. Following lunch we have the opportunity to taste some of Hallertau’s winning craft beers before continuing our day.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Muriwai Beach, Muriwai Beach, North Island
A short drive from the brewery we arrive at the wild west coast black sand beach of Muriwai. Exploring this area, you will be amazed by the rugged coastline, unique black sand and the feel of raw natural power that surrounds the area.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Muriwai Gannet Colony, 428 Motutara Rd Waitakere, Muriwai Beach, Auckland 0881 New Zealand
Walking up the hill from the beach not only will you be treated to amazing views but also have the chance to see the largest mainland gannet colony in the North Island. Getting this close to these impressive ocean mastering birds is a special experience. (Bird numbers vary at different times of the year).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North Island
After a great afternoon exploring Auckland’s West Coast it is time to head back to the city with a fully guided return trip dropping off at city central locations and hotels.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Sky Tower, Victoria Street West, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is from the Sky Tower only, please be ready to go from this location 10 minutes before the tour start time. Ports
- Sky Tower, Victoria Street West, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children aged 7 years and below are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be provided (with 24 hours’ notice).
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.