Wildlife Cruise & Larnach Castle Tour
An unrivalled tour package! Visit the stunning Larnach Castle, travel the beautiful roads of the Otago Peninsula and join special Monarch Wildlife Cruise.
Enjoy a 90 minute tour of Larnach Castle and it's beautiful grounds. Hear the scandalous story of early settler William Larnach and his family. Explore the beautifully restored castle, with it's original antique furniture and impressive craftsmanship throughout. Time is allowed for exploring the gardens or a quick snack from the ballroom cafe.
You'll then continue along the Otago Peninsula and your guide will give an interactive commentary along the way.
Hop aboard a Wildlife Cruise out through the entrance to the Otago Harbour. Enjoy close viewing of fur seals, royal albatross and other seabirds. Sometimes we spot sea lions, blue penguins & dusky or hectors dolphins.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Complimentary warm jackets and binoculars on the Wildlife Cruise
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Restroom on board
- Entry/Admission - Larnach Castle & Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Monarch Wildlife Cruises & Tours
What's excluded :
- Lunch - We do not provide any food during your tour. Guests have a short time available to purchase a bite to eat at Larnach Castle or snack options are available. A packed lunch can be brought on tour.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Larnach Castle & Gardens, 145 Camp Rd Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
Small group guided tour through 'NZ's Castle'. Discover the scandalous story of the Larnach family and explore the painstakingly restored building and it's beautiful grounds.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Monarch Wildlife Cruises & Tours, 20 Fryatt Street, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
Bus tour along the scenic roads of the Otago Peninsula.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Taiaroa Head, Otago 9077, New Zealand
An invigorating wildlife cruise featuring volcanic cliffs, a historic lighthouse, royal albatross, fur seals and other Southern Ocean animals.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :20 Fryatt Street, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer complimentary pickups from central Dunedin hotels, motels, backpackers, holiday parks and the iSite visitor information centre. We do not pickup from private residences or AirBnBs.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.